York Ebor Meeting Competition

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Happy to consider doing a points competition for the four day meeting starting Wednesday if enough interest. Rules would be same as Royal Ascot, all you have to do is pick one horse in each of the six races each day and nominate one of them as your nap. Had over 50 entries for Royal Ascot, if we get around half of that we will do it.

Just for fun at his stage but feel free if you want to offer a prize.:D

My record speaks for itself. The constant jibes hurt last time round. And I admit to letting it get to me in the first day or two.

But I am proud of the way that I managed to pull the rest of the Welsh team kicking and screaming into second place. Probably the best I could have hoped for given the shower we had wearing red.

My record speaks for itself. The constant jibes hurt last time round. And I admit to letting it get to me in the first day or two.

But I am proud of the way that I managed to pull the rest of the Welsh team kicking and screaming into second place. Probably the best I could have hoped for given the shower we had wearing red.

Second place. If your not first your last. (Ricky bobby)

I did think of poaching you from Ireland for the Welsh team. But Grey and I both decided against it when we both realised such a move would decrease the average IQ on both teams.

No use having a high IQ in the poor house...you just are more aware of your miserable existence!!!

I'm in, but if you want to give it a bit of an edge, why not make it a FF v TH match-up, presuming you're opening it up to the local Forum for local people.... :)

I'm in, but if you want to give it a bit of an edge, why not make it a FF v TH match-up, presuming you're opening it up to the local Forum for local people.... :)

I've just about finalised a new format for a daily tipping competition based on a well known TV program and your post got me thinking Steve that maybe it lends itself to an inter forum competition just as well as, if not better than, an individual competition, so will offer that up for consideration at a later date. Could be done over two weeks rather than the four or five weeks an individual one would take. Would like to do it when there's some good quality racing for a couple of weeks or more so will have a look at the racing diary and see what's coming up in the next few months.

In the meantime just doing this one on here but in view of your suggestion have put an invite out on FF to post on here if they are interested, most of them are registered on here even if they hardly post on here :whistle:

Will put rules up for the York competition in a while.

Last edited:
Rules

The competition is open to members registered with the Talking Horses Forum

One selection each day in each race at York, Wednesday to Saturday, with one of your selections noted as your nap. Selections must be in by start of first race each day which is 1.55 Wed to Fri and 2.05 on Saturday.
Reserves can be nominated but must actually be named, no nominating “the favourite”.

Please check here for non runners before placing your selections

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Non_Runners/

Points Scoring

Winner = 12 points
Second = 7 points
Third = 3 points
Fourth = 1 point

Points are scored for first to fourth places regardless of the number of runners and regardless of whether the race is a handicap or not. In the event of a dead heat both horses will be awarded the full points for the relevant finishing position.

Bonus points will be awarded as follows

6/1 SP or bigger= Double Points
12/1 SP or bigger= Triple Points
20/1 SP or bigger= Quadruple Points
33/1 SP or bigger= Points Multiple by Five
66/1 SP or bigger= Points Multiple by Six

PLUS

One NAP per day earns double any points, including bonus points, scored by that selection. Naps cannot be changed or added after the start of the first race.

The person with the most points, including any bonus points, after the four days will be deemed the overall winner.

In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by a points competition using the same rules based on a subsequent one day meeting mutually convenient for those involved.

Any disputes my decision is final.

A few guidelines.

It is not necessarily an advantage to select shorter priced horses. For instance consider this scenario

1st @ 5-1 = 12pts

2nd @ 11-1 = 14pts

3rd @ 33-1 = 15pts

Remember any of these points would be doubled if selected as your NAP.

If you forget to nominate a NAP you lose the opportunity of doubling the points that selection otherwise earns.

You do not have to play every day, but it obviously increases your chances of winning to do so. A player on another forum once won one of these competitions despite missing a day.

If you are away all week, or need to post more than one day’s entries at a time, please post each day’s selections as a separate posting.

I will not be considering any amendments, including naps,once racing starts as this constitutes an unfair advantage over those who may not be aware of any non runners as they are at work etc.

Thanks for this DG, should be fun.

Mine for tomorrow -

1.55 Whozthecat

2.30 Brazos

3.05 Cap O'rushes (NAP)

3.40 Toronado

4.20 Blue Bajan

4.55 Tiger Twenty Two

Good luck everyone

1.55 - Dick Bos
2.30 - The Grey Gatsby
3.05 - Willie The Wipper