Youmzain and the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud

Don't think Youmzain is a dog tbh, he was beaten by better horses there.

He travelled well but was off the bridle at the top of the stretch and just had no answer to the winner or the 2nd's turn of foot.

Spanish Moon has always looked a quality horse.

Hats of the French stalls handlers though. Both Spanish Moon and Scintillo would have been withdrawn in this country.

unless you are AOB..what is the point of putting a pace maker in when you have a horse like Youmzain..its to make it a stamina test..not a speed one..barmy..they must have more money than sense

unless you are AOB..what is the point of putting a pace maker in when you have a horse like Youmzain..its to make it a stamina test..not a speed one..barmy..they must have more money than sense

I didn't think they went slow myself. Thought it was a generous enough gallop personally.

No sign of Youmzain' s turn of foot there though and he was weakening close home- rather like his flat run in the KG last year. Nothing wrong with the ride.

He was clearly way below par .

they were scratching their heads on will hill radio..wondering why they went a slow pace Flame..I didn't see it..just trusted what they said

youmzain needs pace collapse or further

they were scratching their heads on will hill radio..wondering why they went a slow pace Flame..I didn't see it..just trusted what they said

youmzain needs pace collapse or further

Feel sorry for anyone that listens to William Hill Radio personally. It's the worse of the commentary channels. I hate it when I forget Ladbrokes Radio's number as Will Hill does my head in. That old geezer John Budden goes through half the field pre race before tipping the favourite only to mention he mentioned the winner pre race regardless of what it was, and then quite often drop a name that he spoke to someone about the race winner, normally its he had a drink with them. Also you should notice they give the commentaries off tv screens so I'm not sure how the hell it can be real time radio, when images are not as the same speed as on course pictures. The only good thing about Will Hill Radio is Ken and his paddock stuff but now and again the co presenters really big him up something chronic when he gives a winner and it gets rather cringe bearing.

They went a good pace nothing more nothing less, the field was well bunched together.

like you said, maybe he just needs them to go a blistering pace early doors so he can maintain his stamina at the back something like Mine That Bird then motor through the gears althought it needs to be well timed because he hasn't got a blistering turn off foot and needs the field coming back to him.

No sign of Youmzain' s turn of foot there though and he was weakening close home- rather like his flat run in the KG last year. Nothing wrong with the ride.

He was clearly way below par .

He doesn't have a turn of foot.

I'm not trying to do him down either, Dylan Thomas didn't have much of one either but was a superstar in my eyes.

Back