Your favourite Horses of the 00s

I could have cried .... I can still see AP putting him to what was to be his last fence.

I could still cry now... I was desperate for him to wait another year. As it was he ran a huge race. I thought he might fiddle it and find a leg... unfortunately for all of us he came to grief... A huge talent in the making.

Moscow Flyer
Best Mate
Denman
Edredon Bleu
Marlborough
Fondmort
Solerina
Yeats
Ouija Board
Russian Rhythm

Mmm... SOLERINA oft overlooked, but what a lovely performer. Having seen a replay of his winning chase this week, I realise I'd forgotten WATSON LAKE, another favourite 'orsey.

Exactly! Other than sprout wings of burnished gold, I can't think what he's supposed to do to impress some people. He has a phenomenal record - just because he's not all flash and dash, just quietly goes about his relentless business, he doesn't seem to get anything like the credit he justly deserves. I would SO love to see the people who crab him saying they wouldn't have wanted to have owned him. In their dreams.

Fabulous horse but I expect those around on this forum at the time will also remember the tremendous 'discussion' before the Gold Cup about his participation in it....:(

SteveM: listen, are you a bit Brahms and Lizst? I think you've been listing to Port, if not Jack Daniels, thinking up lists like that.

If we are going all time....

Desert orchid without a doubt. An incredible horse in every way Followed him from his early hurdle runs at kempton through so many jaw dropping performances around the london tracks. The GC remains the most emotional moment in this sport for me

On flat, Dancing brave of course. Dayjur was an astonishing sprinter and Zilzal a truely great miler. but loved the bull like front running reference point and the beautiful indian Skimmer (never forget that prix diane)

Back