Your Festival Longshots

Originally posted by Arkwright@Mar 10 2008, 12:24 AM
Not really a longshot but 7/1 Alan King top trainer looks worth a dabble.

Well if the books are to be believed, then Tony Martin who isn't quoted by the Tote (Jessie was 66 so one assumes they'd price him bigger - bet they wouldn't :laughing: ) must be about 100/1 with 2 favs and 3 second favs. Personally I think they're over-reacting and there's no way he should have horses that prominent. Having said that, I can see that carberry at 25/1 might offer some value if Martin can indeed land a couple of plots

Kelrev 39/1 RP plate . Low weight Twice runner up here including this race in 2006 . King seems to have revived him.

Just in case he by some miracle he wins, I better fess-up to having backed Field Commander in the Ballymore. On his form from last summer he is not a 100/1 shot (I took 260/65 on BetFair). He has a higher OR than both Aigle D'Or and Breedbreeze, and if the ground is on the quick side, he might just cause a surprise.

I cannot remember a Cheltenham like it where I could see numerous horses run well at decent prices. Pricewise has plenty to choose from for tomorrow.

In the Supreme Novices I could see Tranquil Sea & Sophocles run really well.

In the Arkle Moon Over Miami, Scotsirish and French Accordion are all decent prices.

In the Cross Country the likes of Ivoire De Beaulieu, A New Story and Freneys Well could all run well.

Obviously all of them have something to prove but if they get it right on the day I think they are all well able to running well above their price.

I haven't been punting much AP this year really. I've had bits of Kruguyrova at various prices up to 32; Rimsky is interesting in the 4 miler; had little bits on Calgary Bay at daft prices; Zanir is interesting in the Fred Winter (along with my other fancy Crack Away Jack, even if he isn't a longshot!); had a little bit on Pasco at 23; even though it's no longer a longshot I'm on Russian Trigger in the Pertemps (at about 14) and the daftest one of all was a tiny bet on One Gulp at 580 in the Ballymore.....!

Had an each way yankee on Kruguyrova, Oscar Park, Rimsky and Russian Trigger for a bit of interest too.

You know what, it's only your reference to it that made me realise that - it really wasn't intended that way at all!

The bets that i didn't do this year include Osana at 130,Krugurova at 130 and a double on the morning of the Bula -Osana to win the Bula at 9s and Sizing Europe to win the big one at 16s.

Anyone with a Betfred a/c should steam into the 25s NRNB for TigerCry in the Grand Annual. Take a look at the horse's course form and light prep and take a look at the likely opposition. I reckon he will be an 8s shot on the day

He was actually 15/2 on the day Homer, but apart from that, not too bad a prophecy :D :clap:

Back