Zara Phillips Mbe

I was only quoting from a very brief note on the BBC sport channel Warbler and I did assume there would be more balance to BI's comment because they parted on a rather acrimonious level.
The only way to achieve consistency is to stop awarding them.

That's fair enough Lee journo's will always look for an angle, and this was clearly it. What Ingle said was something to the effect of;

this will hurt Hamed, but his hurt is nothing compared to that of Mr Burgin and the emotional upset caused to Mrs Burgin, and that we need to remember this in keep it in perspective etc

He broke every major bone in the man's body and did a total of sixteen weeks in the pokey. Who suffered the worst physical and psychological trauma, loss of livelihood, and continuing stress, I wonder?

Originally posted by Euronymous@Dec 31 2006, 11:35 PM
Well, football is the national sport and is a big part of life in Britain......
So is binge-drinking.

Where's my fecking OBE??

New Honours List for Britons:

Binge Drinking - the OPV (Order of the Projectile Vomit)

Non-stop Swearing - the OFF (Order of the Feckin' Foulmouth)

Unwanted Teenage Pregnancies - OWFC (Order of Where's the Feckin' Condom)

Graffitti Scrawling - ONGARA (Order of No Good At Real Art)

Road Ragers and Idiot Drivers - OMIGOD (Order of Moronic Imbeciles Getting Overheated Daily)

And they're just for starters, folks!

I do think having a system to officially recognise a person's exceptional contribution to society is worth having, even if it is open to abuse/mistakes. In Ireland, the Universities, of times, award honorary degrees, which is the closest we have. There is something not quite right about watching Roy Keane in his gowns collecting his Doctorate of Law.

All honours systems are horrible

theres a partonising element to it. its pathetic seeing some retarded sportsman or actors glee at getting his tin foil medal for simply turning up to collect a ludicrous pay packet

There is a list somewhere of those taht have refused honours and suprisingly its not the usual ken loach's and ageing militants...

Nigella Lawson was one... have complete respect for that

Yes indeed some interesting inclusions. Have to question why first offer turned down but subsequent offer accepted? Lenny Henry on grounds of who was in government seems a little thin perhaps?

Mine and Pauls old geography teacher Keith Phipps was included in recent years, didn't remember him being that good a teacher but he was certianly very dedicated and enthusiastic, probably helps working at one of the top 10 non-private schools in the country!!!!!

Back