Zebedee Retired To Stud

I do wonder if its something that runs in the Invincible Spirit stock?

He has had a few run here in Australia, and there is seriously nothing of them, they are like little postage stamps.

This is his best runner, Yosei, who won this year's Group 1 AJC Sires' Produce Stakes. She is so tiny, I believe she barely reaches 14hh. Plus she is ridden by Michelle Payne, who is quite tiny as well.

michellepayne-420x0.jpg

Yosei, picture courtesy of The Sydney Morning Herald.

MedDsc_5480.jpg

Yosei, picture courtesy of Racing & Sports.

It might've been, although sometimes I find myself, like Tony Blair, misremembering! (Although even there I might be misremembering who said they misremembered.)

...Ah, yes, I remember it well... you wore a gown of gold?

I know, Kri - in which case GA should know that 'barely 14hh' is tiny - I can't believe that she is that height for a second, especially having seen pictures of her running against other horses.

Yes, so I'm small!!!! Doesn't bother me!

Last edited:
Barely 14hh?????? No chance - have you any idea how small that is???

She is definitely around 14hh. One of my friends recently saw her, and said it was like staring at an actual pony. They actually thought it was the pony that leads out until of course some one pointed out to them that it was her. Will ask her again what size she is, because I might be wrong, but I am only going on what I have been told.

In light of the retirement of the original horse, it seems a pretty poor excuse. Surely if they gave him a good 6 to 12 months to actually fill out, he'd be able to race on? Surely there are sprint races around next year, albeit WFA, that he'd get into with a light weight.

Last edited:
Slight horses - especially fillies - around the 15hh mark still look like ponies, they don't have to be 'barely 14hh'. If she's only 14hh then the horses she is running against are all smaller than 15hh judging by the photos I've seen of her. I think you'll find it'll be more like she is barely 15hh, which is still small by anyone's standards. Jeez, I've a little mare who is about 15.3hh-16hh who is still referred to as a pony or tiny by many!

Nearly as funny as previous statements that Katchit is less than 15hh.

Last edited:
Back