Do ghosts exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the slightest

If not a liar she was either a fantasist or mentally I'll then?

I am hammering the arrogance of posters here.

Well?

If not then explain the last post of my detail of the encounter. If that is not true then someone is lying arent they?

So... Who is it then?

Last edited:
Clive..you getting upset about people not believing your Mum's story..but then drop out that i sleep with mine..which is the worst of those two suggestions i wonder?

When I or my family are called liars to their faces (most especially about family matters) as you and bar have done so a fist in the face is certainly a justified response

You may come from a world of garrulous bullshit. We dont

Who called your family liars?

Re-read your posts, you are making an absolute fool out of yourself.

'A fist in the face'?? You are coming across like a common thug. I see no difference between how you are behaving and some of the groups you criticise on various threads. You need to calm down.

Last edited:
I said she was mistaken. Possibly mistaken. Why bring mental health into it? Somebody can be deceived or make a mistake without being mentally ill. And you will also note that from my first post I have kept open the possibility that maybe the lady did have a gift. I don't know, I wasn't there.

You're not hammering anything.

Explain the bit about the name you mean? I don't know again. But what I do know is that cold readers typically have a list of the most popular names from different decades that they use to fish with. So they might say to an audience "There is somebody called Jane that has a message for one of you" (leaving open Jean, Jenny, Jones, James). They are hoping for a "lucky guess" but they are maximising the chances of being credited with being close. And when a "psychic" does hone in on a lucky guess, then it is far more likely that the subject will be more receptive to other general descriptions "there was something dark about her" being credited as fact "yes, she always wore black". This doesn't make the subject mentally ill or a fantasist. It actually makes them normal.

Listen Clive, I don't bloody know. I never said those things about your mother. Personally, I am in a quandry a bit about whether the whole world can be explained rationally or not, and I would never rubbish people who are religious or who feel they may have experienced something abnormal. But scepticism is in my opinion healthy, and has been the major driver in numerous scientific and technological advances. And the fact that you posted stuff on the internet about an otherworldly experience of someone else and expect "wows" rather than scepticism, and then start shooting off about your mother being called a liar or mentally ill surprises me, as I always had you down as a sensible, albeit fiery individual. As Flagship says, she could just have easily been called off her rocker(I don't think she was!).

Not to mind:

The message was comprehensively reassuring

But what am I talking about? Are you calling her a liar? Someone does that to my face, they get their face smashed. Fck off you cnt. Look at you backtracking. I have you in a corner you arrogant bullsh1tter. You miserable wankr.

I have explained time and again how it unfolded . Challenge the detail oy posts or stop trying to insinuate that it progressed in a trail of guesswork . That was clearly impossible as ly mother and sister who were as sharp and grounded as they come vetified

Last edited:
Hamm you said you dont believe my post or my mothers experience

that is calling someone a liar

is that difficult to understand?

Last edited:
Dan as ever you contribute nothing of value but half a dozen posters are dismissed as fantasists. I think thays worth a slap dont you?

Not to mind:

But what am I talking about? Are you calling her a liar? Someone does that to my face, they get their face smashed. Fck off you cnt. Look at you backtracking. I have you in a corner you arrogant bullsh1tter. You miserable wankr.

:lol:

If you added in 'you jew baiting/hating, Guardian-reading cnt' it would be perfect!

Another tosser who didnt read the post

explain ?

Patronising cnt

I wonder if you are like this in real life? I suppose not or you would probably be behind bars by now.

To get back to the subject, judging from people I know, I would say these experiences only happen to people who believe they are possible. You say your mother wanted to hear a particular message. In my opinion that made it more likely that she would hear such a message.

I would also say religious faith works in much the same way, i.e. you have to be open to it. Which is why I'm surprised you and Warbler, two vociferous atheists, are nevertheless open to believing in the supernatural.

I will explain it for one last time for those such as grey who commented without reading the posts

She saw a medium in front. Of an audience of a few dozen. Sister was there

The detail of the contact was accurate in every sense. Description, age, clothes, name, location. Relationship and so on. The full details are earlier in thread

My mother never said anything other than "yes" and "thank you" during he whole reading

Even a simpleton could work out that guesswork would be absolutely impossible. Take it or leave it

Not one aspect of the reading was vague or inaccurate. That was not the point though. It was from someone extremely significant in her life that only she knew of.

Patronising ignorant comments along the line of "mistaken" "what she wanted to hear" and so on naturally anger

Story telling and romancing and fantasising was not the way of life for a working class extremely bright northern woman. Interestingly those sniping.....

I'd check out some of those videos i posted Clive...being fooled by this shite isn't a dent on someone's intelligence..its clever enough stuff..but a con all the same

how lauded at it would Derren Brown be if he had gone down this road i wonder.

the American guy has really interesting stuff on youtube..well worth watching

I would also say religious faith works in much the same way, i.e. you have to be open to it. Which is why I'm surprised you and Warbler, two vociferous atheists, are nevertheless open to believing in the supernatural.

I don't think religious faith does work the same way. It's much more doctrinal than it is enquiring, and is capable of being brainwashed. It's also enshrined (literally) in all facets of life, and designed by those who pedal it to contaminate open minded thinking. It builds monuments to itself, pens songs about itself which impressionable children are often forced into chanting, justifies wars in its names, and political leaders ask for its blessing. Religion doesn't encourage the doubter/ heretic either. In that regard its a world apart from any belief in the supernatural which often invites doubters in. Supernatural is much more inclined to explore critically, religion punishes those who dissent. Supernatural has a relationship with science, religion doesn't. Supernatural looks to science to assist it, religious nuts (for the most part) don't, because they're terrified that science can debunk the bedrock of their existance

There is a much, much, much bigger evidence to support the existance of supernatural phenonmena, that is to say, things which can be shown to the balance of probability, but which science can't explain. Science however not only requires the removal of all reasonable doubt, it also requires an explanation. So even if you turned up with a pristine photogtaph of Mr and Mrs Ghostie that is beyond reproach, science would never fully accept this until such time as it can provide an explanation. Even the "40 year wave" is in flux now that it has been proven that it exists and can rear out of a sea from nowhere. Science said it couldn't and that it was impossible according to the laws of physics until one did just that in the North Sea but happened to break on an oil rig with all sorts of monitoring equipment on it which proved otherwsie

Religion can't really point to much tangible other than a book and the accounts of smack heads eating mushrooms. When religion has been prepared to subject its evidence to science (the Turin shroud) it has collapsed. There are still tomes of stuff super natural that science can't get near to explaining

I'm not an aethist incidentally, more of an agnostic, but I'm thinking of converting to Islam in order to restore my sense of sanity

Last edited:
There is a much, much, much bigger evidence to support the existance of supernatural phenonmena,
A wild exaggeration.
Most, if not all, of this "evidence" has been debunked. The invalidations of them are freely accessible to anyone who diligently searches.

Last edited:
Good post warbler.

Of course there is an awful lot we do not understand. As I said before so called professionals will very frequently be ill at ease with anything for which they do not have a ready explanation. It's also a very immature approach

There is a very simple everyday life example of communication which is picked up on by humans to humans but for which there is no scientific explanation. None at all

Any one like to have a stab at it?

Last edited:
A wild exaggeration.
Most, if not all, of this "evidence" has been debunked. The invalidations of them are freely accessible to anyone who diligently searches.

Not at all, and in the context of there being zero evidence to support the creation story described by the Bible. It only requires 1% to survive scrutiny for it to comprehensively outnumber religious evidence given the sheer weight of volume.

I for one would rather put my money of there being extraterrestrial life than I would the notion that a God created the world in seven days and made woman from a rib bone of man, and that if that bloody woman hadn't been persuaded to eat an apple by a snake, then we'd all be living in the garden of Eden and Scotland wouldn't need a referendum to carve out a better world, yet alone David Cameron needing to spend 40 days in the desert being taunted by Alex Salmond

Crikey, I'd say that even the Loch Ness monster might have a bit more to it than Adam and Eve, albeit the general view is that Nessie is probably some oversized slightly monsterous sturgeon which i find more compelling

there is nothing naive about watching video after video of these people being exposed for the charlatans they are.

what is naive is seeing them exposed then saying...oooh i know..but you never know do you?

anyway Clive..pop round....i'll read the tea leaves for you;)

Last edited:
There is a very simple everyday life example of communication which is picked up on by humans to humans but for which there is no scientific explanation. None at all

Any one like to have a stab at it?

I spent three years in Oxford, a joy in many respects, but one of which was that if you spent too much time in pubs you would nearly always run the risk of bumping into incredibly clever people. On one such occasion a professor took it upon himself to explain this to me (it had about 20 letters in its name). It's based around electric fields that we have within our bodies that make us capable of receiving and transmitting (you hear it called nuance). Another common application of it he said is known as "love at first sight" where people are instinctively drawn towards each other. Some of us are very similarly wired he explained and can plug into each others thoughts over vast distances. There are of course documented cases of twins being able to do this, even to the point where they know when something terrible has best the other

Ec Either read my posts or please don't waste my time in the manner of second rate posters here. Deal with the points

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back