Do ghosts exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my mind it doesn't.

The idea that people sense they're being starred at, or that someone/ thing is in close proximity to them, isn't one that we necessarily control, therefore it can't be replicated in cold laboratory environment.

It normally requires the subject to be in an enhanced state of some description, perhaps threatened or similar. There are plenty of examples in the animal kingdon for instance when a preyed upon animal seemingly senses imminent danger without needing to see it.

Electromagnetic fields can probaly go someway to explaining this, but even thne it would require similar 'wired' people to come into contact as transmitors and receivers.

I guess we've all had this experience before, and we've all be proven right with it too? We've all been wrong as well, but I doubt anyone ever set out to do either. It's just a feeling you sometimes develop. I'm not really sure it's the sort of thing you can replicate easily in a cold test

Last edited:
okaaayyyyy
I'm out at the moment but have read enough of the thread to see what its turned into.
Lets stop with the personal insults & the threats (thinly veiled or otherwise) please and I'll review properly when I get in. Unfortunately I can't close and move the thread using tapatalk, but that should give a sense of direction for later.

Clive, you are displaying seriously worrying pathological behaviour, that is making you look like an unhinged lunatic thug. For your own good, and you're not a bad guy outside the forum, you should stop posting on this thread.

Clive, you are displaying seriously worrying pathological behaviour, that is making you look like an unhinged lunatic thug. For your own good, and you're not a bad guy outside the forum, you should stop posting on this thread.

Good post.

I have believed in ghosts for many years. I believe they are opportunistic, benevolent, malevolent, elusive, present, informed, stupid, unreal, real.

Then Slim turned up at Leopardstown, and phucked all that up for me.

Clive, old bean. Ranting on the internet is surely masking some deeper frustration you are dealing with in the real world. Hope it all works out okay for you.

xx

AC

Interesting article, and perfectly acceptable logic, Bar.

I am very much of the view that all such experiences are perfectly natural - but that we have not yet discovered the laws that govern such things - yet.

In the mid-seventies there was a book that caused a sensation and became an international best-seller because of the ideas propounded by the author. The book was called Supernature and the writer was a biologist, Dr Lyall Watson. I read it at the time and have re-read it several times since, most recently last year. The ideas and experiments that he described are now old hat. One of the more advanced experiments at the time involved using electrical probes to examine the electrical charges within the nerves of the body - this is now used as a matter of course to explore nerve function in patients with broken limbs, diabetes and the like.

Doubtless there is an explanation for all of these strange happenings, we just have not found it - but in the meantime, being part of the world in which we live, they happen and people, being possessed of free will (or the relevant chemical make up) either accept, debunk or abstain until new discoveries make us change our view of the world and how it works.

precious is only part of it Bar?...you want to see him in a morning when i kick him out of bed to get the kettle on..right shirty bugger

i don't believe in ghosts mesen..and folk who pray on gullible people are fakers

i've had all this discussion at work before...didn't whats his name expose some of these people..the guy who did the greyhound betting thing where he knocked on the wall and got the cashier to pay out on losers..can't remember his bloody name..my memory is getting really bad...a thread on how much your memory goes after 55 might be a good idea...what is a thread by the way?

Derren Brown, and yes he did. He hates 'pychics' or 'mediums' with an absolute passion, you should see a few shows he has done all on the subject.

Well I've just spoken to the font of all knowledge (Krizon) and she confirms that ghosts not only exist, but that she used to be one (or one took possession of her) so there

And she sends her regards to Clive, whom she doesn't think is a ghost

She said she'd sign in to tell you about her being a ghost, and her incidence with a Saudi airliner that she saw burnt out before it was, and her seance in Torquay, but she doesn't know who won the horse race that is the clearing question and prevents her accessing the site, so if anyone has a spare password and login please PM it to me and I'll see if she can be tempted out of her crypt

Last edited:
Not in my mind it doesn't.

The idea that people sense they're being starred at, or that someone/ thing is in close proximity to them, isn't one that we necessarily control, therefore it can't be replicated in cold laboratory environment.

It normally requires the subject to be in an enhanced state of some description, perhaps threatened or similar. There are plenty of examples in the animal kingdon for instance when a preyed upon animal seemingly senses imminent danger without needing to see it.

Electromagnetic fields can probaly go someway to explaining this, but even thne it would require similar 'wired' people to come into contact as transmitors and receivers.

I guess we've all had this experience before, and we've all be proven right with it too? We've all been wrong as well, but I doubt anyone ever set out to do either. It's just a feeling you sometimes develop. I'm not really sure it's the sort of thing you can replicate easily in a cold test

Good point Warbler. You mention your encounter in Oxford with a don who explained "nuance" to you. As per the post I have just made about the book Supernature in the seventies being old hat now, an archaeologist was all but drummed out of Cambridge for his research on "resonance", electrical fields around water, atmospherics etc, and for finding the hill pictures of Gog and Magog by dowsing for them. Very interesting reading. T C Lethbridge is the author if you are interested. Mostly out of print but much of his writing is available on the internet. Very interesting, thought provoking and easy to read, as well.

Last edited:
Good thread overall.

Agreed. Quality entertainment.

Still waiting for an answer from Clive as to what part of his story isn't a ghost story, and why he deleted his charming and unprovoked threat to glass me in the face.

Anyway, c'est la vie. On the subject of ghosts - if they exist they must outnumber the living quite substantially. Given that, how come so few people have seen or heard from them? And why do they often choose to channel themselves through such weird people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, precognition and mediumship are nothing to do with seeing ghosts - but are probably linked by the same laws. Both exist. Genuine exponents are few and far between, but charlatans who seek to exploit the vulnerable are many and usually easy to debunk.

With regard to mediums, Clive's mother attended a spiritualist church by the sound of things. They do not allow their readers to exploit the congregation. Mistakes can be made, just like taking dictation, but if the medium is as closely monitored as the spiritualists are, there was unlikely to be any skulduggery.

How can they be monitored? Is there some kind of OFSTED for mediums to check they aren't just kidding everyone on?

Anyway, c'est la vie. On the subject of ghosts - if they exist they must outnumber the living quite substantially. Given that, how come so few people have seen or heard from them? And why do they often choose to channel themselves through such weird people?

Erratum; How come 97.8% of all humans that have been anally probed on in interplanetary space ship are from New Mexico?

She needs a log-in first, and can't be arsed to go through all the "complicated" registration, but she did sound quite keen to tell you about how her body was invaded! (ok her right hand) by a spirit from Devon whose husband had died hunting.

Erratum; How come 97.8% of all humans that have been anally probed on in interplanetary space ship are from New Mexico?

That's all to do with perverts in the USAF who dress up in tin foil, it's the 2.2% from the Vatican I'm worried about

ok. I'm going through this thread tomorrow and have came to the decision to close and review later, even though its calmed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back