Do ghosts exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ec and there are plenty that havent been "exposed" ok?

i think you will find the very best ones have..Derren Brown did a few..the guy on the video has blown all the top ones in the US out of the water too

he also offers 1 million dollars to anyone that can prove they have any powers..no one took him up yet..i wonder why

total scam merchants based on all evidence

Last edited:
there is nothing naive about watching video after video of these people being exposed for the charlatans they are.

what is naive is seeing them exposed then saying...oooh i know..but you never know do you?

anyway Clive..pop round....i'll read the tea leaves for you;)

I think it's dangerous though to try and use the tens of thousands of people who seek to exploit the commercial angle here as being representative. Derren Brown makes the not at all unreasonable observation that the fake industry is worth billions, and it pays to be extra vigilant about anyone who has an incentive i think

By far the most compelling evidence i find is that which happens to the everyday person who doesn't set themselves up for publicity

We see photographs with dead people appearing in the background. No one has been able to explain these

I spent three years in Oxford, a joy in many respects, but one of which was that if you spent too much time in pubs you would nearly always run the risk of bumping into incredibly clever people. On one such occasion a professor took it upon himself to explain this to me (it had about 20 letters in its name). It's based around electric fields that we have within our bodies that make us capable of receiving and transmitting (you hear it called nuance). Another common application of it he said is known as "love at first sight" where people are instinctively drawn towards each other. Some of us are very similarly wired he explained and can plug into each others thoughts over vast distances. There are of course documented cases of twins being able to do this, even to the point where they know when something terrible has best the other

Yes. The twins thing has been demonstrated on many occasions. You are close though

It's a simple one.

Someone staring at you. You can't see them staring. But you know someone is. We have all felt it

Explanation? Debunked.???

i think you will find the very best ones have..Derren Brown did a few..the guy on the video has blown all the top ones in the US out of the water too

he also offers 1 million dollars to anyone that can prove they have any powers..no one took him up yet..i wonder why

total scam merchants based on all evidence

Don't waste my time

Either read the post and explain

Or declare that one or other of us is lying

Ok.?

I think it's dangerous though to try and use the tens of thousands of people who seek to exploit the commercial angle here as being representative. Derren Brown makes the not at all unreasonable observation that the fake industry is worth billions, and it pays to be extra vigilant about anyone who has an incentive i think

By far the most compelling evidence i find is that which happens to the everyday person who doesn't set themselves up for publicity

We see photographs with dead people appearing in the background. No one has been able to explain these

The vast majority of spiritualists keep an extremely low profile and do not do it for little or no financial reward whatsoever

They also do not set themselves up to be a circus act, "proving" anything to anybody

This was the case with my mothers two experiences. No charge . No exposure . Just the communciation

Yet again, .............. they have been explained, and the disprovals are there if you have the stamina to search for the truth about it.

no..its not ok..and don't be such an arse

you want to re read this thread Clive...its a beaut tbh

its like you just want to be at loggerheads with people for sake of it

its simple enough really..you believe in ghosts..other people don't..and those that say they can talk to them have been proven to be charlatans...why would anyone pretend to be able to talk to them?..oh yes to make a living..well..it beats working

Last edited:
Not at all, and in the context of there being zero evidence to support the creation story described by the Bible. It only requires 1% to survive scrutiny for it to comprehensively outnumber religious evidence given the sheer weight of volume.

I for one would rather put my money of there being extraterrestrial life than I would the notion that a God created the world in seven days and made woman from a rib bone of man, and that if that bloody woman hadn't been persuaded to eat an apple by a snake, then we'd all be living in the garden of Eden and Scotland wouldn't need a referendum to carve out a better world, yet alone David Cameron needing to spend 40 days in the desert being taunted by Alex Salmond

Crikey, I'd say that even the Loch Ness monster might have a bit more to it than Adam and Eve, albeit the general view is that Nessie is probably some oversized slightly monsterous sturgeon which i find more compelling

Fair enough, you're not an atheist, even if you are anti-religion. But you're going off the point now.

Extraterrestrial and supernatural are not equivalent terms. Believing there might be creatures living in another part of the universe is not at all the same thing as believing there are fairies, pookas or ghosts knocking around in this little bit of it.

And a belief in the metaphysical existence of a creator doesn't have to be the same thing as a literal belief in the book of Genesis. Every time scientists think they are on the verge of seeing the origin of the universe it seems to recede a little further, and every time they think they have found the building blocks of the universe they have to subdivide them again. Atoms, then electrons and protons, then various types of string, etc. It will be interesting to see how far we get with the Higgs Boson particle.

no..its not ok..and don't be such an arse

you want to re read this thread Clive...its a beaut tbh

its like you just want to be at loggerheads with people for sake of it

its simple enough really..you believe in ghosts..other people don't..and those that say they can talk to them have been proven to be charlatans...why would anyone pretend to be able to talk to them?..oh yes to make a living..well..it beats working

Time waster ec

1. I will steam into any cnt that suggests I post bullshit stories. I will give them the most serious verbal kicking that I can manage.

2. Bluster . Again either deal with my original post and the six others from posters in detail or just leave it.

Bang out of order bar and a load of fcking rubbish

she was emphatically not a liar, stupid or a fantasist.

And dont patronise with bollocks about brcuase ot was family. I dont have to explain why

someone else was there yes but so what?

that is a seriously offensive post and would have been regardless of relationship . Equally so if it was a friend I knew and trusted

I'm sorry Clive..but this post was bang out of order..and is where the thread went off the rails...you should be looking at why you responded like this.

Time waster ec

1. I will steam into any cnt that suggests I post bullshit stories. I will give them the most serious verbal kicking that I can manage.

2. Bluster . Again either deal with my original post and the six others from posters in detail or just leave it.

i've read your original post..i still don't believe charlatans..thats it really..its just another anecdote ..not a bullshit story...of which i heard plenty over the years.

that don't mean anyone is a liar..it means i need more than that to start believing in ghosts or the cheating sods that take money off people

Last edited:
I'm sorry Clive..but this post was bang out of order..and is where the thread went off the rails...you should be looking at why you responded like this.

Right on the money and I would have said it to face too . Big time

I will steam into any cnt that suggests I post bullshit stories. I will give them the most serious verbal kicking that I can manage.

Charming. Showing your true colours here Clive.

Your belief that your dear old mum could not possibly ever have been wrong about anything ever is quite touching, but it's naive. The odds are she was had by a skilled cold reader - end of story.

Furthermore there is no reason to get nasty about it. You can't seriously have thought you could put a ghost story on here without it being challenged.

That said, watching you burst a blood vessel about it has been quite amusing and brightened an otherwise crap day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem creep?

Also it was not a ghost story you prick. Which demonstrates that you spout off without reading one word. Timewaster once again

Last edited:
Proves my point rather. Nasty little man.

Also, which bit of my post could be considered creepy?

I've read the entire thread. What part of it isn't a ghost story? You are claiming the ghost of this old lady spoke to your mum via a medium.

Why have you deleted the bit where you say that you would like to glass me in the face Clive?

"Read it" and offered nothing. As usual eh?

Yes I will get stuck in. "Dear old mum" etc

You are also a liar. You have not read the thread. Ghosts for a start are clearly different matter but also you have not (as with the others) picked up on one single point.

Time waster "little man benny" not going to be played by rubbish like you ... Ok?

Last edited:
You have failed to explain why this isn't a ghost story, and failed to explain why you have deleted your "glass in the face" comment.

The great thing is I haven't got in the slightest bit angry. I can post in character

But filth like bennyb do make me think

If someone takes the trouble here to post any experience which is either theirs or clearly a trusted second hand, then it should stand that the details are taken on board

If they are not then it is clear that an accusation is being made...isn't it.?..

Why the hell would anyone want to post something romanticised or completely made up?

What it does illustrate is that ultimately under those circumstances this is a total waste of time

Now I can read Simmos and redheads stories with interest. if i had a doubt i would seize on some detail. if there is no detail to seize on i would rightly keep my mouth shut. They probably rightly ignored the sneering but i will always take head on pricks like the above. And batter when I can

But then again it's energy spent on what? Arguing with some creeps you will not meet and hope never to meet (Hamm and warbler apart)

So as they said at the end of the bugs bunny cartoons..

Last edited:
This thread is like a supernatural version of what I so, so wanted the Ian Paisley thread to be like.

I have first hand experience of activity. I related a second hand story of activity because it contains an element which is difficult to rationally explain. I don't say impossible because, whilst I haven't heard an explanation that covers it yet, I can't rule out the possibility that one exists.

As with pretty much any subject discussed on the internet, there will be those who vociferously disagree on both sides.

I will ask clivex's mum about the story tonight when I'm banging her.

i will always take head on pricks like the above. And batter when I can

You do realise that threats of violence like the above and the one you deleted about glassing a "long-standing forum member" are against UK law? Personally, I don't take them seriously, but it might not be a good idea for you to do that, given that many of us here know your full name and business address.

We don't want to go getting anybody into trouble, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back