Jumpers Notebook

Tomorrow (I’ll catch up results after that)

OFF TO A FLYER - (Taunton, 15:50)
bet365 Bet now 10/1
Race:
Royal Bath & West Show Handicap Chase
Your comment:
# 26
timeform
Successful over hurdles at Ayr (24.3f) last spring but not kicked on as expected this term, including in trio of starts over fences in recent months, pulled up at Wincanton (20f) in February. Subsequently undergone wind surgery and interesting what the market makes of him with tongue strap applied.starstarstar

Tomorrow (I’ll catch up results after that)

OFF TO A FLYER - (Taunton, 15:50)
bet365 Bet now 10/1
Race:
Royal Bath & West Show Handicap Chase
Your comment:
# 26
timeform
Successful over hurdles at Ayr (24.3f) last spring but not kicked on as expected this term, including in trio of starts over fences in recent months, pulled up at Wincanton (20f) in February. Subsequently undergone wind surgery and interesting what the market makes of him with tongue strap applied.starstarstar

5th/6 4/1 - Off To A Flyer, returning from a wind surgery with a first-time tongue-tie employed, checked out rather tamely and has a bit to prove after this.

Running Balance: - 38

Paul Nolan has entered Conyers Hill for a listed race on Saturday..looks very well in with 10st5lbs.

My only problem is if they use exaggerated hold up tactics again....hopefully we will see a change of jockey.

The average jockeys are getting away with murder day after day giving horses shockingly bad rides.

Put them on a short priced favourite and they get the ******* idea they are riding Zenyatta.

Most that are beaten have given the leader 15 lengths and dropped in last and can be as far back as 30 lengths.

Then when they do start their run by the 150 yd marker the petrol gauge empties and another one bites the dust.

As I have mentioned before if you cant settle a horse in 4th or 5th behind the leaders you have no place in the saddle.

CONYERS HILL - (Fairyhouse, 17:05)
bet365 Bet now 9/1
Race:
RYBO Handicap Hurdle (Listed)
Your comment:
timeform
Latest win in hurdle at Cork in November. Below form eleventh of 21 in handicap hurdle at Leopardstown (16f, soft, 17/2) 55 days ago. Hood back on. Others are more persuasive.starstar

NED TANNER - (Carlisle, 15:40)
bet365 Bet now 5/2
Race:
Happy 40th Birthday Karen Waggott Handicap Chase
Your comment:
# 21
timeform
Scored twice over fences at Kelso last season and placed on a couple of occasions there this season, including when third of 10 in a handicap hurdle last time. Definite chance if he puts his best foot forward.starstarstarstar

Both second and Conyer’s Hill unlucky to have one jump out of the woodwork.

Running Balance: -40

Tomorrow:

THE KING OF PRS - (Fairyhouse, 16:20)
bet365 Bet now 15/2
Race:
BoyleSports, Proud Sponsors Since 2014 Novice Handicap Chase (Listed)
Your comment:
timeform
3 wins from 8 runs this season. 22/1 and cheekpieces on for 1st time, fell in handicap chase at Cheltenham (15.9f, heavy) 18 days ago. Stable in good form. Others more persuasive.starstar

4th/7 9/1-The King Of Prs was beaten in the straight after briefly threatening to get involved.

Running Balance: -41

Last edited:
DALAMOI - (Huntingdon, 14:45)
bet365 Bet now 8/1
Race:
Daily Football Offers At Rhino.Bet Handicap Chase
Your comment:
timeform
Positive start to life over fences last term, making a winning debut in this sphere at Kempton prior to going close off a 3 lb higher mark than this at Chepstow. No show 3 starts so far this season but now tried in a tongue strap and will be a danger to all if able to bounce back.starstarstarstar

WALK IN CLOVER - (Plumpton, 14:25)
bet365 Bet now 8/1
Race:
Tomorrow:

Bob Champion Cancer Trust Sussex Champion Handicap Chase (GBB Race)
Your comment:
timeform
Back-to-back chase winner last spring and plenty of good efforts in defeat have followed, not least when third off a 3 lb higher mark in a competitive Cheltenham handicap in November. Below par since, however, including when tried in a hood at Ascot last week.starstar

Blagthebookies
Formerly with Christian Williams he popped up to win a point to point yesterday for Chris Barber (Famous Clermont). He won a 3m Point in Ireland before joining Christian for whom he ran four times with no success, but this was over 2-2m3f hurdles and he’s a lovely big horse who’s a 3 mile chaser. Normally Chris sells these on but he mentioned he might just have a little fun under Rules with him next. He’s going in my tracker anyway.

I’m away for a few weeks chasing the sun, so I doubt I’ll be able to keep the thread going until I get back - all be about over by then. Cheers, all.

Last edited:
To say Northern Air was strong (Not of a yard but so easy to spot) is the understatement of the season

Why they decided to stop him in that race is beyond me.... He was so obvious everyone and their uncles will be on at first show next time.

The heavy fines were for stupidity more than anything else.

Still in Madeira and I haven’t been keeping up with the runners, so I think we’ll leave it at that for the fag end of the season. It’s always a dodgy time, anyway. Thanks to all who put up horses.

El Elefante runs 2.55 Perth and although she faces a Mullins fav, I think she’s got a chance.

Back