Novice Chasers 2009/10

I think he had a little more left than he was prepared to show us. Turning in he had to win 5l didn't he? I don't think he ran out of petrol.

Some would say "clearly idling in front" and "got to the front and decided the job was done" is not wholely disimilar to not finishing your race. The main difference being if nothing runs past you, you're idling, if they do, you're wimping out.

Now I wouldn't say that, but some would.

True enough, but then there's "not finishing your race" and "falling in a complete hole", which must have been the worry for SE backers with memories.

Get in Luke. We were right. Where's trackside? :)

Still digesting the humble pie!

Fantastic performance - the enthusiasm with which he travelled throughout was fantastic, as was his jumping. Travelled all over them - looks every inch a two miler to me.

Somersby ran a corker, but the writing was on the wall coming down the hill.

Well done to yourself and Luke ~ hope you both cleaned up.

Sizing Europe gets an RPR of 163. Would love to see him stay at 2 miles and see what damage he can do with his ability to jump at a fast pace from the get go.

Azertyuiop

Tidal Bay

Moscow Flyer

My Way De Solzen
Monet's Garden*

Tiutchev

Sizing Europe

Klairon Davis
Voy Por Ustedes
Forpadydeplasterer

Monet's Garden didn't win, but he got a higher rating when he came second due to WFA shenanigans. Also worth noting that Well Chief and Kicking King both got sub-160 ratings, and turned out pretty well!

Both (& to a much lesser extent) would be good winners for me but I would just like to see Long Run stand up and lets see how good he is.

Thought SWC came across well on the morning line. Ted Walsh's comments to him were hilarious.

I couldn't see him getting home in a true run 3 Ml chase as he puts so much into his jumping.

Out and out 2 miler from now on,anything else madness imho.

Had a drink with the head lad last night and he absolutely refused to comment on next season-said it was a day for celebrating and not looking ahead.
Champion Chaser in my opinion.

God the horse that fell next to Long Run, that was horrid. But some performance from WA, gotta love Keith lol.

Back