What are you backing Today? Part 2

Backed into fav beaten a neck Drat! on the bright side Nature Strip did mange to win yet again at 3/1+

1. It was beaten over a length.
2. There is no fu*cking bright side.
3. Serves me right.
4. Better luck next time - just don’t post it. :lol:

There's market support for the Charles Byrnes runner in the 3.25 at Naas, Rough Terain. I'm just posting it up.

Last edited:
His other runner today, Hashtag Watt, has been smashed up in the bumper at 4.35.

I've had a little bet on the Victor Dartnell horse, Admirals Secret, in the next at Warwick. I thought 14/1 looked too big.

He ran very well staying on in third there.

I wouldn't mind seeing him entered in a Cheltenham festival handicap....

Last edited:
BBB/ Schiehallion Munro tomorrow at Catterick : don't want to put anyone off but just to let everyone know, tomorrow's run is a means to an end, a certain meeting in March. They are desperate for him to have a race as he's the type of horse that needs to and not a lot of options. So personally wouldn't have been my choice of plan D races, as giving weight all round again, on ground likely to be rubbish in spite of upbeat reports from the course, and if he stays 3 miles I'll eat his mother's paddock sheet, but hopefully will get round okay and not scupper handicap mark as can't afford to drop to get into said race in March.

Thanks Barj.

Apple Rock, (Carlisle, 12.30) impressed when digging deep to win last time. He must have every chance of winning again here at about 11/2.

Last edited:
Yes, it was a Noted In Running horse put up by Viking - post #194

According to forum friend Diamond Geezer, the handicap entries for the Cheltenham Festival should come out this Thursday, (Feb 18th). I really hope to see Admirals Secret get an entry in one of the handicaps. He's on an upward curve.

Last edited:
I had Master Tommytucker written out and planned to stick him in my win heinz today, but I saw a bit of market support for Riders Of The Storm so had to change selections and put the latter in an each way heinz. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I had Master Tommytucker written out and planned to stick him in my win heinz today, but I saw a bit of market support for Riders Of The Storm so had to change selections and put the latter in an each way heinz. Fingers crossed.

Yes. I had planned to put ROTS on the longshot thread at 20/1 but the price is gone this morning. Last night I wrote elsewhere:

Cyrname was well beaten in this last year at 4/11 when falling, the race won by Riders Onthe Storm at just 7/2. The latter had just closed down the leaders in the Ryanair despite not jumping fluently when buckling on landing three out and is now 20/1 following a couple of laboured efforts this season. He’s still in the Ryanair but off 155 he could be well-handicapped should they choose to go down that route, although I don’t imagine he would like being in a big field. Nicholls and Cobden have been talking up Master Tommytucker this week so maybe they’ve been trying to prepare punters for an upset. I’m going to settle for a small each-way bet on Riders Onthe Storm and hope for a going day.

Last edited:
Trixie

Master Tommy Tucker
On The Blind Side
Not A Chance

I'm also on Sam Burns at 190 to win the USA Golf, now 5/2. I'm going to cash out even though he leads by five as DJ is in the rear view mirror.

Back