Royal Ascot 2024

Slightly ahead after a good Thursday, been my poorest ascot for as long as I can rember,plan 2 go out with a bang today. Good luck people, seems alot of good judges on here have found it hard this week also. Onto selections.
2.30 miss el fundi.33/1 e.way.
3.05. Isle of jurra e.way 12/1.
3.45 mill stream / Washington heights. 5/1- 12/1
4.25 Knight raider e.way 28/1.
5.05 rumstar and cover up 12/1 and 16/1
5.45 whiskey Pete and Black run 12/1 and 16/1.
6.15. Nap and depending on earlier results will have a max bet. Uxmal 6/1.

I wouldn't put anyone off yours and Outsiders fancy Chipstead in the Wokingham either. A very good handicapper on his day, and if he runs to his best, surely he'll run well.

I do hope so and the clincher for me was his jockey. 5lbs claimer Jack Doughty might be one of the reasons the horse is a negative today - I had never heard of him - but it looks like his career is being very well managed by Tony Carroll for whom he is operating at 15% wins and 43% placings and he's 2/2 for Muir & Grassick, 1/1 for each of Robert Bevis, Tom Clover and Martin Keighley, and 1/2 for Stuart Williams so these trainers have obviously been keen to get him for a serious fancy. This is his first ride for Roger Teal so it's a booking that intrigues me.

And into the home straight...pretty knackered after such a full on week and might be running low on energy! That said it’s been a great week and I’m on 13 winners. Be happy with one more to equal my Ascot record. Yes I back 2-3 each race but I’m still over £150 up on the week so far which I’m more than happy with......and six winners on Wednesday was some buzz!

Race 1
Always a hard race with slower developing 2yos but I have gone for Bedtime Story just inching out Age of Gold. Had a little ew on Miss El Fundi as unlike Sir Mark to pitch one in deep so young and she’s nicely bred.

Race 2
Leger form here and hoping the the winner acts as well on the quicker ground. Soft definitely did for Middle Earth there and also Desert Hero needs to bounce back but the course form is hard to ignore. Wouldn’t dismiss the American horse either as I rate the trainer highly and he’s not one to bring no hopers over.

Race 3
Khaadem did me a huge favour last year in this and it’s hard to get off him. But Spencer has switched to Mitbaahy and that has to be a huge pointer? Burke is bullish on Swingalong at a decent ew price.

Race 4
River Tiber straight in for me as I liked his Coventry win here. Haatem has it to do with a penalty imo and my eye is draw to Kikkuli who’s a half brother to Frankel who ran too free over a mile on Soft. He could appreciate this 7f. Pearls and Rubies might be too big on last year’s form and another who will appreciate drop in drip. But several unexposed so not confident.

Race 5
Pin time!
Harry Three (love Clive Cox/Ryan Moore combi) Unequal Love, Cover Up and Dark Trooper (Kevin Blake flagged)

Race 6
3yo handicap......!
Old Faithful, Hand if God and Nerano (another KB flagged)

Race 7
I’ve thrown in Fasol for Nicholls. Group class in France and first time tongue tie. Has run 2m5 over hurdles and should stay better than most. Uxmall and Queenstown are my others.

Have a great last day everyone....hope you’ve all backed a few winners!

Last edited:
Billy the Kid backable at 22 did it again...only my mate had fiver ew this time while I got a clap on the back....tbh I never looked and only found out when he called to thank me....
Deffo championjon jockey for sure,someday.
For an 18yo,he's an incredible judge of pace, and I'd have him amongst the top half dozen,already

That was a fantastic watch. Could be called the winner three out.

It will be interesting to see what the stride data and time analyses say about that.

She's given a field of promising types - the chances are at least one is rated 100+- a 22lbs beating under hands and heels.

Worth taking time to appreciate her.

Aye. Visually that must be the most impressive and dominant display I've ever seen from a two year old since I started watching flat racing about 25 years ago. What's the pedigree?

Marb, check Youtube for Arazi's BC juvenile win.

If Continuous wins the double with Bedtime Story will cover me for the day and anything else will be pure profit.

It’s interesting to note how few Appleby is running this week and those that have run, have under performed, Notable Speech included.

Slightly ahead after a good Thursday, been my poorest ascot for as long as I can rember,plan 2 go out with a bang today. Good luck people, seems alot of good judges on here have found it hard this week also. Onto selections.
2.30 miss el fundi.33/1 e.way.
3.05. Isle of jurra e.way 12/1.
3.45 mill stream / Washington heights. 5/1- 12/1
4.25 Knight raider e.way 28/1.
5.05 rumstar and cover up 12/1 and 16/1
5.45 whiskey Pete and Black run 12/1 and 16/1.
6.15. Nap and depending on earlier results will have a max bet. Uxmal 6/1.
Get in u beauty Isle of jura does the business at 16/1.

:cheerleader: Yes lovely post race interview too. First RA winner in 65 rides too and first for his trainer too.

Get in u beauty Isle of jura does the business at 16/1.
Had it aswell.

Hopefully it's boosted me up the competition list a bit, though probably not enough.

I was gutted for Callum before the Derby. So pleased for him.

I spent a bit of time trying to get a proper handle on the Bahrain form and IOJ's form read very well but Desert Hero and Candleford appeared to have similar chances so couldn't really seeing it doing better than a minor place.

Makes me all the more determined to be on Lucander when they finally decide to let the handbrake off. Magnet Cup maybe?

Back