Royal Ascot 2024

It totally is and why I don’t get why people who support NH are so blinkered and won’t entertain the thought of watching the Flat. They are two totally different sports but each equally thrilling.

Oh and Vauban doesn’t stay!

2.30. Tropical storm e.way 16/1.

3.05 Assailant 20/1 e.way.
3.45 port fairy 14/1 e.way.
4.25 prwyden 66,s e.way.
5.05 Mickley win.8/1 blue lemons e.way 40/1
5.40 first look 11/2 win.
6.15 divine libre win 10/1 ,Mr professor 40/1 e.way, and taccrib Bay e.way 33/1.
Port fairy wins and Mickley also tropical storm 2nd.nice results my ascot is finally ahead.

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Moore's rides on Kyprios and Portland. Got that all wrong but looked after the horse and hopefully the kindness will be rewarded some day. Maybe he'd never have won but he never got the horse competitive, exacerbated by getting himself shuffled back three or four lengths just as they were winding up on the home turn.

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Moore's rides on Kyprios and Portland. Got that all wrong but looked after the horse and hopefully the kindness will be rewarded some day. Maybe he'd never have won but he never got the horse competitive, exacerbated by getting himself shuffled back three or four lengths just as they were winding up on the home turn.
Behave. He was never going to chase that with Portland. He looked eyes out most the way.
Was slightly surprised they went for this race tbf.

This Kings Gambit is surely a ridiculous price in the Hampton Court ?
Jayarebe maybe one of the few who will relish the quick ground.
I'm backing him to cause a minor upset.
Happy with that !
Going forward. There's a good race in King's Gambit. Up in class + on ground faster than he's encountered. Thought he ran a fine race. No doubt Buick will get a lot of stick ( unfairly ) imo.

I'll need their number if Ramatuelle doesn't come in tomorrow.

I've backed Orazio in the Wokingham on Saturday. I need him to return to his best form and then some.

I also fancy that Johnston horse Struth a wee bit in the handicap tomorrow.

Let's keep our chins up. Those of us who haven't done that well that is.

The Coronation is the only race at Ascot tomorrow I am comfortable with.

Opera Singer and Ramatuelle ran very similar races last time which makes it very hard to split them.

I decided to go with AOB but I am not confident. So I am having a major bet on Opera Singer but also backing Ramatuelle to show a small profit overall should she win.

Other than that the best advice I can give is avoid the meeting.

Yes there's been plenty of money for both of them by the looks of it. Be interesting to see how this transpires overnight and tomorrow.

If Taborski and co get the cash out it could well be ominous for us Ramatuelle backers. .

Behave. He was never going to chase that with Portland. He looked eyes out most the way.
Was slightly surprised they went for this race tbf.
I concur with everything you've said Frankel -he looked to really enjoy 12 furlongs at Leopardstown where Moore gave him a beautiful ride.Wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see him run in the Irish Derby.

Ascot picks from me today, seems the hardest day to find a winner at a decent price,think few favs will go in and I've done some accas on the obrian favs with ethical diamond and indelible in the 5.05 which is my nap.this horse will surely he running in group races very soon. Also like a few at decent odds.

2.30 CALIFORNIA DREAMER 18/1 E.way.
3.05 kinda blue 16/1 e.way.
4.25 sheer rocks 22/1 e.way
5.05 forever blue 11/1 e.way also f.c with endelible.
5.40. Theory of tides 10/1 e.way
6.15 dryhaloey 11/1 e.way.

Tough card today. All my bets are at the tail end of the day.

Arisaig in the Sandringham. Into the tracker at Newm, won well at Lingers and she'll get behind here but she'll finish well.

I'm chancing the Frenchie in the King Ted. Was impressed with him in the Hocquart, pedigree suggests quick ground won't bother him.

Another tracker I have today is Two Tribes in the last. His form with James's Delight looks rock solid and he's 20/1 plus.

I'll need their number if Ramatuelle doesn't come in tomorrow.

I've backed Orazio in the Wokingham on Saturday. I need him to return to his best form and then some.

I also fancy that Johnston horse Struth a wee bit in the handicap tomorrow.

Let's keep our chins up. Those of us who haven't done that well that is.
Johnston always has at least 1 winner at ascot, well his dad did,just finding which one.think airisaig In 5.05 will run well,but indelible is my nap in that race but will chuck a saver on.good luck m8

Only three winners yesterday but I’m happy with that (the 3yo handicaps are always tricky)

Race 1
Really like the top two Fairy Godmother and Mountain Breeze although there could be any number of serious horses lurking. Might chance an ew on Hot Darling at a decent price and as ever it’s what looks good in the paddock/at start.
Race 2
I’m leaning towards Jasour over Inisherin here with a couple at decent ew prices in Kind of Blue (proper sprinters pedigree...family of The Tin Man etc.) and Pocklington who’s also well bred for this job.
Race 3
Kevin Blake trying to put me off Opera Singer who I like a lot but I’ll probably still go with her and the Guineas form, watching it Elmalka still impresses.
Race 4
I’m going for Safecracker...J Murtagh loves a winner here and this is owned by Godolphin which must be a big clue? Others are Bague d’Or (taken out earlier in week?) and Shadow Dance (gelded) while I’m very interested in Kolossal who has good German form. OK she’s top weight but she’s six so should be strong enough.
Race 5
Indelible is my first choice in a notoriously difficult 3yo fillies hcp. Everlasting in first time visor, Nocturnal and I may have to play Spencer’s mount, Arisaig
Race 6
The Ascot Derby. I like Diego but actually think Agendas run behind the late lamented Hidden Lake was good. Macduff didn’t handle Epsom and is a big horse. Hopefully he won’t have got jarred up and it will be interesting to see Voyage back with a rider.
Race 7
Another 3yo pin sticking job! Mukaafah, Jubilee Walk and Dorney Lake are on my list

Have another great day, guys!

Back