What are you backing Today? Part 2

Paul and Oliver Cole's last four runners form figures read 1122.

Clearly a small sample, but from what I can see they don't have 5 runners a day, so I can glean their horses are in decent form?

This father and son combination have three fair chances tomorrow.

Chepstow
2.30 Big Time Rascal
3.35 Post Rider
4.05 Hurricane Power

I'm having a win patent on. I like getting the crystal ball out, to see what trainer(s) are due a good day.

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread for some time so don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but I can't fathom why Elite Status is as big as 4/1 in the Hackwood on Saturday. I was sorely tempted to put him in the odds-on thread.

Backed Lava Stream (9/1 b365) in the Irish Oaks as she ran a blinder in the Hardwicke,just losing out in the closing stages, & this lesser test w[[ suit better.

Another quietish day for me.

Newbury:
Al Aasy
Spirit Mixer
Elite Status
It Aint Two

Ripon:
L'Astronome ew. I missed Thursday's 6/1 Shadow Dancer and thought I'd hold off for today. Didn't check the betting at all yesterday and a bit shocked to see it at 6/4 this morning.

Curragh - no bets yet but I was looking at:
Toreviega / Mr Wagyu
Believing
Content / Port Fairy
Vauban

I'll probably just keep my hands in my pockets.

2.05 mkt Rasen.baron de Middleton 50/1 e.way.
3.40 curragh. You got to me. 8/1,was 20,s last night.
6.00 nmkt Dutch decoy 3/1,missed the 10,s.
7.45 donny.monkey Island 9/2.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread for some time so don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but I can't fathom why Elite Status is as big as 4/1 in the Hackwood on Saturday. I was sorely tempted to put him in the odds-on thread.
Well spotted DO :thumbsup:

(TBH he attracted my attention even earlier in the week when he got a mention from Outsider)

The two sides of Ryan Moore: excellent on Believing (in that he took no risks, perfect possie, perfectly timed challenge, won cosily) and making a total arse of the ride on Content.

I've said before I'm a big fan of Beckett when it comes to fillies and Crouch gave the winner a Dettori-esque ride. Content was too far back then found trouble in running (need to check how bad it was, maybe not as bad as I thought) before running down the winner late.

John Gosden has been very patient with Danielle and I haven't lost faith in her.

Plenty of money around for her backed from 13/2 to around 4/1 on the machine.

Needless to say I was on early...fingers crossed

Curragh 4.20 - Sparks Fly 12/1 - I was prepared to back her last week in a better race (G2 open then, G3 today F&M) at Ascot at a similar price so happy to go in again today even though only two places are on offer. The fav must just be prepping for York.

I like Laura Pearson and never see her as a negative but HMOG WTF was she playing at there???

No wonder the filly drifted so much in the market. Almost the perfect lesson in how to make sure a horse doesn't win: go too fast early and then go for a burger from the van as you come into the straight.

I don't get to see a lot of Curragh racing but I don't think I've ever seen anything come right across to the near rail.

Back