£1000 bet on a handicap at Cheltenham..one horse

Sorry Mrs Bar the Bull. Please don’t go into labour until I have had a good look at the weights for the Cheltenham handicaps.

http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/pdf/pressrelease/ch2012mg12.pdf

At first glance, Peter is sure to be all over Mossley off 10-8 in the JLT / Spinal Research / William Hill.

It’s weird seeing Bolger not dominating the weights in the X-Country. Irish horses not well treated in the Novices Handicap. I fancied Gates of Rome and Westmeath, but they have it all to do at the weights.

Siverhand – Coral Cup 10-8….be interesting to see if he is backed. McCoy will almost certainly go for Get Me Out of Here.

Asaid – Fred Winter – John Ferguson – 10-12, probably up to 11-3 assuming Ut de Sivola stays in. Yes please. Me and Sheikh Mohammad are working on a sting as we speak.

Venetia Williams 1-2-3 in the Pertemps

Gansey to bring the Byrne Group Plate up North for Sue Smith. Gansey = Great Jumper

David Pipe 1-2-3 in the Kim Muir

Hazy Tom in the County for up and coming Longsdon. 10-2 if Fat Paul keeps Brampour in to give young Harry the thrill of his life off top weight.

Don’t have a clue about the Martin Pipe.

Kid Cassidy to get Henderson off the board in the Grand Annual…backed in from 10/1 into 85/40.

Last edited:
I put my money where my mouth is, and dutched five of Venetia's six in the Conditionals handicap.

NB: I have a very small mouth.

Baby Bull is due today. No sign yet.

I had one in February before. This time I nailed it to get the Festival overlapping with my paternity leave.

Better than any handicap plot job I've ever heard of!! I remember vaguely as a young boy sitting too close to the fire and getting heat rash which turned into measles every year from 1980 to 1990 in the middle of March.

All the very best to the Bull family!

My baby was born last year 14 march... Monday morning....she wont be seeing her dad much on her birthdays

Moon Dice 12/1 for County Hurdle. Better off at the weights in comparison to the Greatwood where it travelled twice as far as the rest of the field between the last two hurdles by zig-zagging about behind the leaders trying to get a run.

Weighed in already.

I get two weeks paternity leave.

I was tempted to hang on until the Euros / Royal Ascot, but I didn't want to explain pulling my drive for 3 months.

Congrats Bar!!! Pulling a drive for such a period of time invariably leads to a situation where by when you need to hit one out of the meat you can have great difficulty....

Adopt one in June/July for the Euros/RA...Im sure you get some sort of leave...

I would have said Salut Flo as well but there is always the risk that Tom Scudamore will ride . Divers perhaps in the Mildmay of Flete or whatever it is called nowadays especially as AP has been booked.

:lol:

This is the horse... a bag of sand on Starluck off 150 in the County Hurdle at 33/1 (William Hill).

Don’t say I never do anything for you.;)

33s have gone... in to 25/1 now... it's going :cool:

Last edited:
Back