1 Horse for 2011

Kauto

At the Start
Doesn't matter can be NH or flat what is the one horse everyone is looking forward to seeing. I'm going to be slightly boring but can't wait for Workforce again think he is going to mop up all the middle distance races.

I think Finian's Rainbow must go close in what looks, admittedly at an early stage, to be a poor Arkle. Lovely looking horse.

On the flat, Sarafina should win the Arc (is she still in training?).

Or at least give her one.. :D

She looked in the Arc like she could be anything. Very unexposed.

Bel La Vie will be a big money purchase for Bromley in the spring, and prove to be a top-class novice chaser for new UK connections in the Autumn. I'm guessing Clive Smith, Michael Buckley or Andy Stewart will write the cheque.

Royaaty is Gladiatorus Mk 2 and will hoover up races at the Dubai carnival.

Galileo probably agrees. :D

Too many on the flat to narrow it down - the up coming season looks the best for a long long time.

Over jumps - no surprises, Hurricane Fly.

TIME FOR RUPERT, of course! That's my one to see in 2011.

And, unless something's gone wrong since his debut 12, TRY THE CHANCE, who still carries an early entry for the 2011 Irish 2000 Guineas.

Going sound a silly one this, but seeing whether Kauto actually continues the hit the heights after such a career is the biggest fascination for me. Could he being going into next xmas as KGV fav again? Naturally enough, this is possible further ground breaking history

Interesting that the always downbeat hobbs connectiosn do genuinely seem excited about menorah. Thats the other one for me

Last edited:
I think Finian's Rainbow must go close in what looks, admittedly at an early stage, to be a poor Arkle. Lovely looking horse.

On the flat, Sarafina should win the Arc (is she still in training?).

Like Hamm I think Finian's Rainbow will turn out to be a cracking novice chaser. I think he'll turn out to be the best novice chaser in the UK.

Last edited:
Like Hamm I think Finian's Rainbow will turn out to be a cracking novice chaser. I think he'll turn out to be the best novice chaser in the UK.

He's got a way to go to be rated higher than Time For Rupert at season's end, Aragorn. That one is having it's form franked all over the place, and he was significantly superior over hurdles. RSA Chase his for the taking, imo.

Wouldn't disagree with your opinion of Time for Rupert but surely it's a case of apples and oranges as they will be at opposite ends of the novice chasing division distanc-wise?

Just thinking in terms of rating when it comes to "best novice chaser in the UK", Hamm. TFR capable of being high-150's, imo, and I just can't see FR reaching that sort of level.

Jumps, I'm looking forward to seeing Dunguib in action again. On the flat at this stage Wootton Bassett is the animal that interests me most for the opening Classics.

Too many on the flat to narrow it down - the up coming season looks the best for a long long time.

Over jumps - no surprises, Hurricane Fly.

If there is an unraced Ballydoyle 3yo and a 2yo requiring the fire brigade for the gallops we will allow you two on the flat...

Nothing really stands out for me in absolute terms, but obviously Frankel was a really good juvenile who’ll take a bit of catching up in his Classic season.

The two older horses that I’m really looking forward to seeing on the Flat are Canford Cliffs and Fame And Glory.

On the hurdling front I’m really taken with how Peddler’s Cross is shaping.

Over jumps I was really looking forward to seeing Punchestowns and although not too discouraged the suspicion is creeping him that he may lack the killer instinct and be more of a herd animal content to lob along and tuck in with whatever is going with him.

Denman I want to see in the Gold Cup.

If I had to pick just one that is exciting me quite a lot it would be Canford Cliffs.

Just thinking in terms of rating when it comes to "best novice chaser in the UK", Hamm. TFR capable of being high-150's, imo, and I just can't see FR reaching that sort of level.

It's a fair point. I prefer Finian's though, mostly on looks and style though.

Back