1000 Guineas (and beyond)

From AOB’s website:
Our most likely runners for the Stanjames.com 1000 guineas at Newmarket on Sunday 2nd May will hopefully come from the following fillies;
Famous
Devoted To You
You'll Be Mine
Aidan O Brien

...That last one doesn’t look eligible to me.

Prix Imprudence

Special Duty limbers up in the Prix Imprudence at level weights at Maisons-Laffitte today.

Anyone taking her on?

Cannot wait to see her - it will be disappointing if she gets beat as she strikes me as a pretty easy horse to get fit/right.

...seems like we're the only two who are excited! I too would be disappointed if she is beaten.

Beat but a good run imo, lobbed along nicely and needed that.

Hopefully she'll drift to a backable price now.

Stan James pushed Special Duty out to 5/1 off the back of that defeat, utter madness.

Joanna's target will be interesting though.

I thought she ran reasonably well. She lobbed along nicely and just looked like she needed it. Joanna was always going to be bang on song for that given the yard she comes from.

In what is a very weak year, I wouldn't dismiss her off the back of that, I wouldn't be taking the 5s until I knew whether she'll still be going for the race though.

Beat but a good run imo, lobbed along nicely and needed that.

Hopefully she'll drift to a backable price now.

She still has stamina questions to answer in my opinion and she was stopping pretty quickly there - I couldnt fancy her for the Guineas at that and I would be disappointed if the bookmakers didnt push her out.

I thought she ran reasonably well. She lobbed along nicely and just looked like she needed it. Joanna was always going to be bang on song for that given the yard she comes from.

In what is a very weak year, I wouldn't dismiss her off the back of that, I wouldn't be taking the 5s until I knew whether she'll still be going for the race though.

Busy at work today. Haven't seen the race yet. On the face of it it looks disappointing. I understand she tried to make it and the two that beat her quickened better leaving her a length third. Encouraged that you thought she looked okay though.

I remember getting a price on Zafonic for the 2,000 Guineas after he was beaten in his trial. Perhaps this is something similar?

Busy at work today. Haven't seen the race yet. On the face of it it looks disappointing. I understand she tried to make it and the two that beat her quickened better leaving her a length third. Encouraged that you thought she looked okay though.

I remember getting a price on Zafonic for the 2,000 Guineas after he was beaten in his trial. Perhaps this is something similar?

I thought the same with Naaqoos and Proportional last year though so you want to ignore my thoughts completely :p

However, I'd backed both of them and I've not backed Special Duty. I genuinely thought she ran OK and as you say, she just couldn't pick up as well as Joanna and the filly on the rail (who arguably was advantaged in that position). I'd put it down to the ground and the fact that they said repeatedly she'd need the run. Rouget has his bouncing early season so there was always a danger Joanna would do her.

I thought she ran OK and she is much more likely to be suited by Newmarket ground . She looked in control until flattening out in the final furlong.

My concern would be Grimthorpe's reference to the trip on the RP site - if Pasquier thinks she did not stay rather than needed it then surely it is goodbye 1000 Guineas.

Haven't seen the race but can someone confirm that the winner is much bigger price for Newmarket because she is unlikely to run?

Also does Fallon have the choice between Seta and Music Show?

I believe Rouget has said Joanna will go for the Pouliches rather than head to Newmarket.

Not sure about Fallon, I think Music Show has it on a plate if Special Duty swerves the assignment, I'd therefore hope he's on Seta!

I believe Rouget has said Joanna will go for the Pouliches rather than head to Newmarket.

Not sure about Fallon, I think Music Show has it on a plate if Special Duty swerves the assignment, I'd therefore hope he's on Seta!

I thought his " gentleman's agreement " means Cumani has first claim.

Back