1000 Guineas (and beyond)

Can't see the Fred Darling principals troubling the 1000 Guineas and Special Duty form taken a hammering today.

Very happy with my 16/1 on Music Show now.

Special Duty form taken a hammering today.

No disrespect, but I heard exactly these comments as the beaten Boussac runners came out befort Finsceal's 1000G. It's such a red herring. Special Duty has everything going for her and should be shorter for the Fillies classic than SNA is for the Colts.

Special Duty has everything going for her and should be shorter for the Fillies classic than SNA is for the Colts.

I agreed with that before today. SNA's form looks stronger than ever after that last week, Special Duty's looks weak now.

I like the filly but Music Show is suddenly better value than the French filly.

Therefore Moore rides Music Show, fantastic news for backers of Channon's filly.

If someone would like to explain why the champion jockey riding Music Show results in her drifting in the betting against Seta then I'd love to know why.

The implication is that Fallon chose Seta because he thinks she's the better filly. I am not saying Fallon believes that but it explains the drift.

Latest stage today...

Atasari (IRE)
Blue Maiden
Devoted To You (IRE)
Distinctive
Dubai Media (CAN)
Emulous
Famous (IRE)
Gile Na Greine (IRE)
Gold Bubbles (USA)
Green Dandy (IRE)
Habaayib
Hibaayeb
Jacqueline Quest (IRE)
Jira
Joanna (IRE)
Lady Darshaan (IRE)
Lady of The Desert (USA)
Misheer
Music Show (IRE)
Nurture (IRE)
Pipette
Pollenator (IRE)
Puff (IRE)
Queen of Troy (IRE)
Rumoush (USA)
Sent From Heaven (IRE)
Seta
Special Duty
Tabassum (IRE)
You'll Be Mine (USA)

I'm just at a loss as to why Fallon's opinion is so greatly held. Moore rides for Cumani a lot too and he's on Music Show.

Seta also hasn't seen a racecourse for months so how Fallon can tell when he's ridden one in a race this year and one only on the gallops, I don't know.

I'm going to do some calculations on Special Duty's times over the coming days but I'm becoming sweeter and sweeter on the Channon filly and once I've crossed the T's and dotted the i's I may well go in again on Music Show at 13/2 despite already being on at 16s.

Is that a fact or an opinion?

He has an " agreement " with Cumani - at Newmarket last week he let slip in an immediate post race interview that he wanted to ride Music Show and in a later interview when effectively cross examined by Lydia H he admitted that if Luca Cumani had a runner in the race he would ride that- namely Seta .

I watched that interview , and he looked quite confident on Seta being a better fillie than Channons one.

He is likely to ride for Cumani this season but on this one it looks he is riding the best horse.

I watched that interview , and he looked quite confident on Seta being a better fillie than Channons one.

He is likely to ride for Cumani this season but on this one it looks he is riding the best horse.

Music Show's form is better than Seta's, both in the formbook and the clock.

Very few animals win a Classic when they were beat last time out.

I think the confirmation of Rumoush as a runner is great news. Think she is a serious player and is open to any amount of improvement. Loves fast ground, looks to have plenty of pace and not a vintage renewal.

Atasari (IRE) 3.f
Blue Maiden 3.f
Devoted To You (IRE) 3.f
Distinctive 3.f
Famous (IRE) 3.f
Gile Na Greine (IRE) 3.f
Gold Bubbles (USA) 3.f
Habaayib 3.f
Hibaayeb 3.f
Jacqueline Quest (IRE) 3.f
Jira 3.f
Lady Darshaan (IRE) 3.f
Misheer 3.f
Music Show (IRE) 3.f
Nurture (IRE) 3.f
Pipette 3.f
Pollenator (IRE) 3.f
Puff (IRE) 3.f
Rumoush (USA) 3.f
Sent From Heaven (IRE) 3.f
Seta 3.f
Special Duty 3.f
You'll Be Mine (USA) 3.f

Gal,

Any idea if Devoted to You runs here or in the Pretty Polly? She'd have an EW squeek in this but would need the ground to ease I suspect.

I do not know GS - but I would be worried about the ground with her for sure. Hunch would be they will run her in the Guineas.

Back