1000 Guineas (and beyond)

I believe Rouget has said Joanna will go for the Pouliches rather than head to Newmarket.

Not sure about Fallon, I think Music Show has it on a plate if Special Duty swerves the assignment, I'd therefore hope he's on Seta!

Having backed Seta after her debut I am hoping for the opposite!

Don't know where else to ask this but what do we think in terms of distance for the O'Brien filly Remember When? Half sister to Queens Logic and Dylan Thomas by Danehill Dancer. I have been tempted into the Oaks market.

Nell Gywn entries -

Atasari
Blue Maiden
Capercaille
Distinctive
Dyna Waltz
Gile Na Greine
Gold Bubbles
Habaayib
Hafawa
Jacqueline Quest
Jira
Misheer
Music Show
Muwakaba
Principle Role
Queens Grace
Revered
Rumoush
Safina
Snow Fairy
Srda

She's one of only three Ballydoyle fillies entered in the Irish Champion (with Lillie Langtry and You'll be Mine). And he seems to be 'minding' her, she hasn't appeared yet, perhaps waiting for better ground. She hasn't been mentioned for the Newmarket 1000 guineas and the Irish version is too close to the Oaks (unless she does a Peeping Fawn).

She hasn't been mentioned for the Newmarket 1000 guineas and the Irish version is too close to the Oaks (unless she does a Peeping Fawn).

I looked at her for the Guineas but her Betfair price is massive so that looks out of the question. I really rate her (loved her debut last year against a decent more experienced filly) and expect/hope to see her out soon. French Guineas trial might be an option....though that might suggest she is not an Oaks filly. Either way I am looking forward to seeing her alot.

Fallon will not get off Music Show I can assure you that. Her work this season has been mightily impressive and after Wednesday I dare say she will be a very warm order for the Guineas.

Fallon will not get off Music Show I can assure you that. Her work this season has been mightily impressive and after Wednesday I dare say she will be a very warm order for the Guineas.

If he doesn't get off her he might find himself off the Cumani horses.

Good to see that Rouget has entered Joanna in this - ex-Italian and was bought by Sheikh Hamdan last season, impressed with her run at Deauville in August and her placing in the Marcel Boussac :)
Job done - shame she's not as dark as she was this time a week ago.

Looks like they're heading to the Pouliches with Joanna though so unlikely she'll be seen at Newmarke.t

No idea why I do this to myself every year, it's worked once...

I've invested a few shillings on Hafawa at 60s on Betfair for the 1000, she ran some cracking times at the backend of last year and you'd think she'll go for the race if she acquits herself well tomorrow. Given Safina is 5s for tomorrow and 16s for the Classic, the Maktoum filly strikes me as reasonable value.

I still think Music Show will probably win tomorrow but the day I back a Channon trained Fallon ridden animal on a racecourse is the day I give the game up.

Music Show around the 7/1 mark now.

Principle Role around the 25/1 price - think she is an interesting horse for the race.

....... but the day I back a Channon trained Fallon ridden animal on a racecourse is the day I give the game up.

Guessing the Fallon reference is to do with a general <aah> 'smudge' on his character.
What's the Channon part? Just don't like his training methods ... football skills ... something else?

Fallon has confirmed that if Seta runs he rides her - he is claimed by Cumani.

Wouldn't believe what Fallon says till you see it with your own eyes though Ardross - he wasn't exactly forthcoming when pushed for an answer.

Wouldn't believe what Fallon says till you see it with your own eyes though Ardross - he wasn't exactly forthcoming when pushed for an answer.

I suspect that he thinks Seta won't be ready and would prefer to ride Music Show but he knows what side his bread is buttered and Cumani takes no shit from jockeys and an attempt to get off her would be counterproductive for his season's ambitions.

He was evasive and walked off giving the impression he felt that she had asked a question he didn't expect/want to answer?

Or that he's just not feeling very co-operative. More than entitled to ask the question since he's just ridden a major trial winner and to the best of my knowledge Seta hasn't even been mentioned thus far this year in relation to running in the Guineas.

He was evasive and walked off giving the impression he felt that she had asked a question he didn't expect/want to answer?

I imagine because he doesn't want Jaber to fall out with him and book someone else only for Seta not to run.

I think Music Show has done enough to warrant being favourite for the Guineas now. Giving weight away today and value for extra as I think she was pulling herself up in front. The Rockfel and this race are pretty good guides to the Guineas and with her getting pluses for wellbeing and likely stamina over Special Duty, I think she really is the one to beat.

If the ground is good Special Duty will have far too many gears for them if she gets the trip.

Seta goes straight to the Guineas , was the last statement i read about her participation in the race.

Back