1000 Guineas Thread

Unless shes dramatically improved over the winter..im baffled by this market move

Surely just down to the identity of the connections?

Muthabara reported to be 'sore' after her workout this morning.

Havent really done much research on the race so interesting to read this thread, good information as always guys.

1 (1) 9451- Francesca d'Gorgio (USA) 281 3 9-0 v J Noseda T E Durcan 102
2 (14) 1-1 Infallible 18 3 9-0 J H M Gosden J Fortune 110
3 (7) 44911- Kitty Matcham (IRE) 197 3 9-0 A P O'Brien 105
4 (4) 24121-3 Lady Deauville (FR) 15 3 9-0 P A Blockley S Pasquier 105
5 (2) 128- Laureldean Gale (USA) 210 3 9-0 Saeed bin Suroor L Dettori 114
6 (12) 1-7 Lush Lashes 35 3 9-0 J S Bolger
7 (10) 131- Max One Two Three (IRE) 204 3 9-0 Tom Dascombe R Kingscote 99
8 (11) 11-1 Muthabara (IRE) 15 3 9-0 J L Dunlop R Hills 106
9 (6) 031-0 Nahoodh (IRE) 15 3 9-0 M R Channon R Hughes 110
10 (13) 11121-1 Natagora (FR) 20 3 9-0 P Bary C P Lemaire
11 (3) 21143-3 Royal Confidence 18 3 9-0 B W Hills M Hills 104 S
12 (5) 53113-3 Saoirse Abu (USA) 28 3 9-0 v J S Bolger
13 (8) 48141-2 Savethisdanceforme (IRE) 35 3 9-0 A P O'Brien 112
14 (9) 11- Spacious 234 3 9-0 J R Fanshawe J P Spencer 108
15 (15) 20311-5 Spinning Lucy (IRE) 18 3 9-0 B W Hills William Buick 101

Betting Forecast: 11/4 Natagora (FR), 4/1 Infallible, 4/1 Spacious, 9/2 Muthabara (IRE), 10/1 Kitty Matcham (IRE), 10/1 Savethisdanceforme (IRE), 20/1 Laureldean Gale (USA), 20/1 Nahoodh (IRE), 25/1 Lush Lashes, 25/1 Saoirse Abu (USA), 33/1 Max One Two Three (IRE), 50/1 Francesca d'Gorgio (USA), 50/1 Lady Deauville (FR), 50/1 Royal Confidence, 66/1 Spinning Lucy (IRE)

I've no firm views on the race. I've got a one-horse book in that I managed to back Infallible before she won her trial. She's a good example of a horse with 'dominant classicity' and should prove an ideal type for this race. I've not really looked at the others though and missed the French race so haven't a clue as to how good that one is. I'm sticking with Infallible anyway.

I like Infallible alot tomorrow as well....she looked so powerful in her trial. My only doubt is if the ground dries out alot, a big strong filly by Pivotal...I am not sure good to firm ground would suit.

Good to firm seems a little odd Galileo..it must have dried very very quickly and the rain must have kept away. Even allowaing for the times being slowed by teh wind yesterday...to get to good to firm today is some jump.

first two race times...should be interesting

I'm going for Kitty Matcham, looks clear value for a horse that will improve for the trip and stable form doesn't need mentioning.

Improved with every run last year and can see her bare form putting folk off if they don't build the trip improvement in....auto value at 11/1 on betfair

I've fancied Natagora for a while but I saw Infallible's race the other day and I haven't been as visually impressed by a filly for some time. I've just read back through the last page of the thread and see Steve M calculates her stamina is ideal so I'm going with her at 4/1.

I wasn't going to have a bet in the race, it's been too much effort to think straight today. I was impressed by Muthabara's performance at Newbury, not least when I had heard so many uncomplimentary reports about how she looked in the paddock (I couldn't get over there as I was working). I was told John Francome said on air that on seeing her in the paddock he thought he would be better off lining up for a selling hurdle, looked bad in her coat and very backward! There were a few amusing comments flying around afterwards - I was impressed with the way she quickened and went about the job so well. With her injury scare though and doubts over whether she'd go on faster ground I've left her though [and the small fact that Richard Hills is riding her, of course].

Then a very good judge told me he's backed Royal Confidence and thinks she's very much over-rated so, at the massive price she is I've had a little bit of an interest. He's one of the very few people I'll back a horse just on his say so - althoguh on looking up her form I can see where he's coming from - her previous form puts her up with some of the principles, and at nearly ten times the price!

first race was a truly run affair...time should give a good line to the ground..wind doesn't look a factor if judged by the flags opposite the winning line norty

The first race time makes the ground smack in the middle of GOOD...definately not fast ground.

I thought the official good to firm was a little fanciful.

It's quite funny how none of the "experts" on channel 4 have mentioned the odd results they are getting seeing as how they think the ground is fast.

Before Getaway won..they re-ran the Arc and said...ooo this horse will be meeting such different conditions today..it will struggle.

No one yet thinks to question the official going just might be wrong...hence Good/easy ground horse like Getaway revelled in it.

If you're right EC1 then Captain Gerrard will look a big price in the Palace House.

(caveat: You all know how bad I am at picking sprint winners!)

She's nice and tough isn't she. Some hard luck stories in behind but she didn't fancy letting anything past.

Exactly! Thrilled for her - she's pure class and has an amazing attitude - I'm sure if Nahood had got to her she would have pulled out a bit more. I just love this filly

I just missed the Trifecta by Infallible not keeping 3rd! - but got the Fct :D

PS Warbler wasn't the only one singing Natagora's praises form way back last year :P
Just had a nice payday too - hope you did Warbler

A great performance, she showed plenty of determination as well as pace, and stayed the distance well.

Spacious put up a good fight, and might have some improvement in her.

Infallible didn't appear to quite get the trip, as her pedigree would suggest.

Wish I had the courage to go for the forecast!

Ah ... but Warbler was the first to spot her and talk her up :P 19th of June thread called "Have the French done it again".

The sting in the tail is she'd put up massive speed figures after that race and was available at 109/1. I knew how good I thought she was, as I'd never seen figures that big in June, though took Bary at his word that he'd never return to Newmarket after Six Perfections and figured I'd just be denoting money, so in truth I never really capitalised properly on the insight.

I did figure we'd get something close to a re-run of Attraction's win though, and that since the Rowley Mile is a relatively easy course for stamina, she'd get home. Would Nadoodh have got passed? shrug:: I'm inclined to think she might just have done, but the history books say Natagora won now.

Back