1000 Guineas

Guest_

At the Start
Any word on how Rainbow View has wintered? Will she have a prep run? Looks the type physically that could go straight to the Guineas without a run. Proportional confirmed as a likely runner?

Current Ladbrokes Betting:

Rainbow View: 7/4
Proportional: 7/1
Serious Attitude: 10/1
Fantasia: 10/1
Cuis Ghaire: 16/1
Shimah: 14/1
Sariska: 16/1
Again: 20/1

Think the trainer confirmed a few weeks ago that Proportional is going for the Imprudence/Pouliches route rather than heading to Newmarket.

Already done quite abit on Chintz at 33/1, just hope she don't gofor Irish 1000

Rainbow View will go to the Guineas without a run, but you may see her have a racecourse breeze during the Craven meeting.

Again looks over-priced to me at 25's with Ladbrokes. Admittedly a mile on fast ground over the Rowley Mile may prove too sharp for her, but her Debutante and Moyglare form looks solid (forget her Longchamp run) and she looked like she had a lot of filling out to do last year as well. I'd certainly back her to confirm placings with Shimah.

Hope Rainbow View has wintered well. I'm not even sure she needs to improve. Phenomenal filly.

Hope Rainbow View has wintered well. I'm not even sure she needs to improve. Phenomenal filly.

The best you've seen! :D

Hearted Shaped is entered up in the Guineas Trial race, I know she appeared to get the mile well in America but this and a likely Guineas bid is going to be alot stiffer (let alone alot hotter). On breeding should a mile be alright for her do we think?

Last edited:
If 7/4 was available on the day of the race, I think it's a great bet. I'm not sure exactly who the likely dangers are, and you're not even betting on Rainbow View improving, just maintaining the same level of form.

Barring accidents leading up to the race, or trouble in running, I think she's nailed on.

I really don't think you can tell yet, with fillies especially: some don't train on, some don't start to thrive til the sunshine has been well on their backs, and some weren't ready to give their best at 2. It's more likely imo with fillies that something will spring a surprise, than with the colts, so 'nailed on' is a step too far in my book.

On the other hand, without looking up any stats, I have an impression the most bet-on fillies over the winter do tend to win and/or be placed so I'm probably talking through my hat!

Current Ladbrokes Betting:

Cuis Ghaire: 16/1

I had it in my mind that she`d disappointed a few times after her win at the Royal meeting but only her last outing (on heavy ground) was poor. Trading at 22 on Betfair (4.3 for the place) and she`s a sporting wager to small stakes.

Haven't connections of Proportional come out again and not ruled out the Guineas yet too?

Maybe I can dust my Tricolore tie off for the weekend after all.

Proportional's race tomorrow should be fascinating, from the noises Criquette Head-Maarek has been making, she basically needs to put in a big impressive performance for them to dare take Rainbow View on. I still think the 20/1 available on the exchanges 10 days ago was obscene but I may, for the second time this week, have egg on my face come mid-afternoon tomorrow.

I hope Proportional comes over, I think she looks a better prospect that the current Guineas favourite - Rainbow View.

If I was a backer of Rainbow View i`d be worried about the trainer. He had the best colt in the 2000 last year and he was only fourth. I`d pretty much come to terms with my bet being lost so Proportional running would be sweeet.

If I was a backer of Rainbow View i`d be worried about the trainer. He had the best colt in the 2000 last year and he was only fourth.

Gosden is the best trainer in Britain for me, I think Raven's Pass just improved as the year went on in my opinion. If I'd backed Rainbow View, I'd only be worried about her not improving enough from 2 to 3 and the fact that Proportional could be an absolute monster.

Just a bit. Didn't see it but this looks bad...

b2454.jpg

Last edited:
She got quite warm beforehand and was keen...she'll improve but that confirms the French 1000 for her now I would have thought.

Still wouldn't right off Cuis Ghaire - for a horse who is bred to be a 9f+ horse she looked exceptional early last year and her defeats weren't exactly in poor races.

Rainbow View certainly isn`t as bomb proof as Finsceal Beo was. I backed Cuis Ghare at 22 just to have a sporting chance of getting my stake on Proportional back. But the more I look at it the more I think she has a really nice chance.

Back