1000 Guineas

No idea how I'm going to play the race now, it's historically one of my best betting races and after last year, this is a massive kick in the balls after Naaqoos on Friday.

Serious Attitude is closer to Rainbow View than the bookmakers and Jimmy Fortune would have you believe in my opinion. She looks an absolute picture in the video on RPTV in the feature on her. I'd rather be backing her each way than RV to win at the moment.

Certainly not playing antepost now, will watch the trials and wait for the day.

RAINBOW VIEW in action 15 minutes ago

3170001Newmarket15Apr09RainbowView.jpg

No idea how I'm going to play the race now, it's historically one of my best betting races and after last year, this is a massive kick in the balls after Naaqoos on Friday.

Serious Attitude is closer to Rainbow View than the bookmakers and Jimmy Fortune would have you believe in my opinion. She looks an absolute picture in the video on RPTV in the feature on her. I'd rather be backing her each way than RV to win at the moment.

Certainly not playing antepost now, will watch the trials and wait for the day.

Gosden mentioned the other day that he thought Serious Attitude was the one they had to beat. Suppose that's why she's generally second favourite.

Rainbow View does look quite convincingly solid I'd agree.

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. I think she should be 4/6, as I think she has a higher than 50% chance of winning it.

Nothing from Ballydoyle, nothing as ever from Godolphin, not many that look potentially top class, and on the other side you have the most impressive 2 year old filly in years. Add to that positive updates from the ever-honest Gosden, and I can't think of a more likely classic winner in a long time.

Last edited:
We Fantasia fans are possibly sitting pretty too after that - I've got 21 win and 5.2 place for the Guineas (though I wish I'd put on already for the Oaks!). I think I'll get a run for my money

Have you backed her for the French version? Still can't see them taking Rainbow on under the same ownership although correct me if I'm wrong, not had RUK on today.

I think her price reflects that problem, but after that Cumani is more likely to get his way and run her at Newmarket! - ie he may be able to persuade the owner that she is a more likely winner than RV at this stage. If there were not the uncertainty I'd have put quite a bit on

I'm in no position to criticise other people's bets about question marks over whether fillies will go for the French or English guineas either. Looking forward to doing the maths on her time later.

No problem GS, if I'm going to have an antepost onm the Classics (like Look Here last year) I like it to be at a 'sporting' price! I've already lost my small APs on Zacinto and Border Patrol!

Btw we seem now to have two threads on 2009 2yr olds....

Winner was hugely impressive, I would back her to reverse form with Rainbow View if both turn up in the Guineas.

From the PA

Strawbridge, who bought Fantasia during the winter, had been keen to send the winner to Longchamp for the French Guineas on May 10 - but is hanging fire on a definite decision, partly owing to the availability of Dettori.

Coral go 7/4 with a run.

Last edited:
:D:D:D

I expect Cumani and Frankie will put all their considerable Italian charm to good use here... Strawbridge has to see that she has at least as good a chance as Rainbow View - she has proved now that she has trained on

It was my view at Ascot last season that RAINBOW VIEW beat Fantasia despite being significantly below her best and I was relieved that she got away with it, a mark of how good she is that she was able to do that. Therefore I most certainly would not expect the Cumani filly to turn around the form.

All irrelevant now since the change of ownership as there is very little chance that Fantasia will run in the 1000 Guineas and she will surely go to France, but her crushing display demonstrates further the quality of Rainbow View.

I'm sorry Colin, FYI BTW I should have added IMO!

Before fencing-up and saying that Fantasia is a lovely filly, which she is, and would certainly be a worthy and likely Guineas winner in the absence of Rainbow View after todays display. A performance that she was entitled to produce on her known form.... oh damn, back to where we started!

More interestingly have I invented a new one there ? "Fencing-up"

The excuse of "needing" Dettori is a handy one. Being a Sadler's Wells filly out of a Darshann mare, anything Fantasia did at 2 was always going to be significantly improved upon at 3 and beyond. Sure she was much the best on ratings but to my eye she looked awesomely impressive physically and just an altogether different filly to last year.

Being a Sadler's Wells filly out of a Darshann mare, anything Fantasia did at 2 was always going to be significantly improved upon at 3 and beyond.

Spot on. Seriously tempted to take a chance she`ll run and pile on at 7/2. If i`m the owner i`d be worried about Rainbow View getting turned over in the Guineas with Fantasia sat in her box.

She's a better price on the Machine! According to the story on the sportinglife website, her run very much depends on Frankie being available, and he has more or less ruled himself out. So it doesn't look hopeful - dammit!

visually I was blown away - reminded me of Nijinsky's win in the Dewhurst - have you seen that on youtube?

the time was nothing special at all which means she has got a lot of speed to do what she did off what was a slow pace.

can't wait to see her next time

She's a better price on the Machine! According to the story on the sportinglife website, her run very much depends on Frankie being available, and he has more or less ruled himself out. So it doesn't look hopeful - dammit!

Do Godolphin have something for the 1000 then? I wasn't aware of any possible runners for them.

Back