2 Milers - The road to the Queen Mother Chase (Latest acceptors Feb 12th)

Has there been news this morning confirming UDS will run on Saturday?

Would've thought there's no chance he'll actually run on that good ground. Forecast has very little rain, so I think good ground is a certainty.

Met office app showing heavy rain in Ascot area tomorrow afternoon. Let’s hope they’re right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on the connections of Un De Sceaux for at least making a race out of it on Saturday

Has there been news this morning confirming UDS will run on Saturday?

Would've thought there's no chance he'll actually run on that good ground. Forecast has very little rain, so I think good ground is a certainty.

UDS a Non runner as expected - only the 3 runners.

Given the entire 'article' refers to quotes which indicate he was only ever 50/50 to run, the title, "all set to face Altior", is definitely premature. I can't believe a Press Association Journalist doesn't understand that. Always wait til the final decs...

Last edited:
January traditions: -

- Paul Nicholls horses have their winter vaccines
- Chletenham previews start popping up earlier and earlier
- We wonder and moan about why the f**k the Clarence House isn't still a handicap. To hear Ascot defending the decision the other day was frankly pathetic.

Yes, the crowd will get to see Altior but they could do that at the Seven Barrows open day.

Met office app showing heavy rain in Ascot area tomorrow afternoon. Let’s hope they’re right

It chucked it down for a good part of the day yesterday. Small snow storm this morning just to keep people on their toes!

Last edited:
Prices for the Leop 2 miler have Footpad 11/8, min 5/2, UDS 5/1, simply ned and saint calvados 8's

If Min were to run here, I like him at this track and still wouldn't be surprised to see him be the one to take on Altior

Last edited:
Prices for the Leop 2 miler have Footpad 11/8, min 5/2, UDS 5/1, simply ned and saint calvados 8's

If Min were to run here, I like him at this track and still wouldn't be surprised to see him be the one to take on Altior
5/2 Min seems too good to be true to me, expect that's an indication he won't run. If it were NRNB I'd have the MAX !

Last edited:
For those that still listen to them there is comedy gold in this week's RP Postcast preview of the Champion Chase. Segal stating that Min is "one of the best two milers I've ever seen" on the basis that he's been unlucky to have been around at the same time as Altior.

While the last part is undoubtedly true and notwithstanding the fact that Min is a decent enough horse on his day; one of the best two milers of the last 30 or so years... ? :blink:

2 Milers - The road to the Queen Mother Chase

For those that still listen to them there is comedy gold in this week's RP Postcast preview of the Champion Chase. Segal stating that Min is "one of the best two milers I've ever seen" on the basis that he's been unlucky to have been around at the same time as Altior.

While the last part is undoubtedly true and notwithstanding the fact that Min is a decent enough horse on his day; one of the best two milers of the last 30 or so years... ? :blink:

I listened up to that point then decided there was no point wasting any more time. If Segal could come up with that who knows what other bollox was possible

Last edited:

Having seen Segal at a couple of preview nights I always thought he was a spoofer -he is talking pure shite about Min.

The reason they need is that Willie has never won the thing. His legacy as a trainer is somewhat tarnished by the fact that he's never won the two biggest chases at the biggest meeting of the year. Throw anything with a sqeak at both races - that means Kemboy,Bellshill,Invitation Only,Al Boum Photo at the GC and Min/Footpad at the QM.

Between the 6 of them he must have a fair chance of landing one this year.

The reason they need is that Willie has never won the thing. His legacy as a trainer is somewhat tarnished by the fact that he's never won the two biggest chases at the biggest meeting of the year. Throw anything with a sqeak at both races - that means Kemboy,Bellshill,Invitation Only,Al Boum Photo at the GC and Min/Footpad at the QM.

Between the 6 of them he must have a fair chance of landing one this year.

With Douvan, Vautour, Faugheen, to make but a few he should of at this stage

A genius but not the king of training staying chasers

Listening to Patrick on the radio tonight, I think they are looking for a reason to run Min in the QM and are buoyed by Altiors run the last day out

I still have some silly doubts about Altior at Cheltenham. He did also jump quite heavily to the left last time out. Just. Can't see what beats it unless your 5 lengths infront jumping the last.

I still have some silly doubts about Altior at Cheltenham. He did also jump quite heavily to the left last time out. Just. Can't see what beats it unless your 5 lengths infront jumping the last.

Min will be best suited to 2 rather than 2 and a half

Altior would prob be even better over 2 and a half

Altior is still a good bit better over 2m than the rest

Back