2000 Guineas

Guest_

At the Start
Something wrong with Rio De La Plata? Out to 29/1 on Betfair or is it simply a case of Ibn Khaldun being the number one? Either way it does not look good for anyone sitting on an antepost bet for RDLP.

As been saying for a long time now, Ibn Khaldun is the yards best horse by a street.

I've been told he has simply grown into a monster during his rest and his work at Al Quoz has been simply electrifying.

He will be doing a gallop at Nad Al Sheba 5 days after the world cup, I'm not sure if this is open to the public or not.

All I know is the yard consider this a serious Guineas/Derby horse.

I certainly feel happy at 66s anyway. All I know about Rio, is he hasn't been dancing in the sand :)

How much work would he be actually doing at this stage in Feburary?

Though in fairness you did pick him out before he ever ran.

When was the last time a RP Trophy winner won the Guineas? I`ve pretty much given up hope on my RDLP bet but i covered with Raven`s Pass a month or so ago at 10s.

Swinging canters for two weeks, been cantering 4 weeks, just had first decent piece of work.

3 more decent bits between now and end of March, then 2 serious trails, fly back last week in April.

Wins Guineas 3rd of May :)

Originally posted by Euronymous@Feb 26 2008, 09:56 AM
When was the last time a RP Trophy winner won the Guineas? I`ve pretty much given up hope on my RDLP bet but i covered with Raven`s Pass a month or so ago at 10s.
2008 I do believe :D

When was the last time a RP Trophy winner won the Guineas?

American Post won the French Guineas (well, had it handed to him on a plate) a few years ago, but no winner has even run in the Guineas since Commander Collins in 1999.

IK is surely not the typical stayer-in-the-making that has won the RP Trophy over the last decade, though.

He is not the typical Racing Post Trophy winner but he beat a typical Racing Post Trophy field on fast ground…if that makes sense. He looked good against a bunch of stayers over a mile on fast ground. It could be a different kettle of fish in the Guineas when he is up against proper milers.

All you can do is win, and he won in comfortable style.

On his R-Post win I think he would have gone very close in the Dewhurst, he was always going to be a 3yo peaker, we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Originally posted by Galileo@Feb 26 2008, 10:48 AM
He is not the typical Racing Post Trophy winner but he beat a typical Racing Post Trophy field on fast ground…if that makes sense. He looked good against a bunch of stayers over a mile on fast ground. It could be a different kettle of fish in the Guineas when he is up against proper milers.
Dear God. If this horse was from Ballydoyle, the hype machine on these forums would be in overdrive.

Instead..

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley+Feb 26 2008, 12:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Andrew Hurley @ Feb 26 2008, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Feb 26 2008, 10:48 AM
Dear God. If this horse was from Ballydoyle, the hype machine on these forums would be in overdrive.

Instead.. [/b][/quote]
Yes and if that was the case I am sure plenty would be on here would be point out the weakness of the form in terms of Guineas form. I mean is it likely City Leader, Feared In Flight, Art Master,Curtain Call, Declaration Of War,River Proud, Frozen Fire, Internationaldebut etc will be challenging for any Guineas? Its far more likely the vast majority of them will be racing from 10 furlongs plus this season.

Compare that form to New Approach, Fast Company, Rio De La Plata, Ravens Pass etc

Please can we have a break from the Anglo/Irish bickering.

I see nothing wrong with the competitive spirit and a touch of banter, but so many threads these days seem to descend into the above sort of posts.

I know I have been guilty of over-stepping the mark on past occasions ( sorry Bobbyjo and Bar!!) but accusations of racist postings is going way over the top , in my opinion.

Let's just enjoy seeing and discussing good horse-racing, and forget where the horses are trained, who has trained them and who has ridden them.

As Rio won his Gpr 1 as a 2yo in France, it would make sense to go back there for the Guineas.

Well said Colin.

I can half understand the bickering on NH threads when there is little to talk about but mediocre ex-flat handicappers as world beaters and what didn't trip over a hedge, but lets not let it spoil the horse racing threads too.

Chris have you any news about Confront from the M.Stoute stable? please, I think at 33-1 for the Guineas and Derby that is a fair price.

He's not back cantering as of yet;

Stoute doesn't have many back in work, although Lang Shining has impressed in a couple of workouts lately.

Thanks Chris, i think i will have a small anti post bet on Confront for the Derby, Stoute must think alot of the horse to enter him for the Gpr 1 RPT. Thanks for the Ibn Khaldun update, great to hear he is progressing nicely. I have also read that Godolphins Screen Star is being trained for the Oaks.

Back