2000 Guineas

I generally avoid betting on 3yo races like the plague unless something catches my imagination, there far too complicated for me 😄.
As far as Tiggy Wiggy goes speed has been the name of the game and I just can't for the life of me see her seeing out the mile here.

Last edited:
Yh i hear that mate. The money came for the winner but a little late on. I should have waited and followed my hunch about the market.

Last edited:
All gloomy on the classic front, but 2 nice winners in France today. Ervedya looks very smart, Make Believe may be slightly flattered, but still impressive.
The Blue Wind this week looks more interesting then the Dante and can confirm some emerging form lines. Hopefully we'll see Jack Naylor, and with Bocca Baciata lined up for Irish guineas, JHarrington must be quietly optimistic she's got 2 top fillies in her stable.

The fact we've only got two pages on the guineas shows this is a less than exciting edition. Lets hope its like Sea the Stars year and a star is born....

I'm gonna go for Ol Man River, I was very impressed with him both starts last year and whilst I think he'll be best over 10f, he might just be good enough to beat this lot.

What the Guineas needs is 5 hurdles :lol:

Zawraq is set to bypass the Tattersalls Irish 2,000 Guineas on Saturday week and head straight for the Investec Derby.

There looks some E/W value on the Irish guineas tomorrow
Coral and 365 going 1/4 the odds.
Can Slim tell us if Mohayyed is working well.
Ivawood should also be on the premises.

I backed Ivawood to win and without Gleneagles and 3 furlongs out I felt sure I would be picking up some dosh.

I was even more sure between the home turn and the 2 furlong marker there's no way Gleneagles could win from there. Ryan Moore was definitely already working away on him but when they had passed the 2 furlong marker I thought Uh! Uh! and seconds later the writing was on the wall.

He may not be as flash as Kingsman but he is as tough a horse as you would ever hope to see and although he took time to get going, once he did he showed some real power and class.

7 on the trot past the post he's a lot better horse than I gave him credit for.......One question....Has AOB said "he's the best miler we've ever had" yet?

AS for Ivawood he didn't have make them go but it looks like the mile at this stage of his life is just beyond him. Perhaps we might see him in races like the July Cup and a few of the races Paco Boy ran in as a 3yo

Back