2000 Guineas

Fascinating drift on Estidhkaar just because the owner has supplemented something else. Bookies and punters place way to much store with jockey shenanigans and trainer statements etc. The Champion Chase at Punchestown yesterday a prime example of this.

And Sheikh Hamdan let Weld bring Tarfasha over for the Oaks last season despite having Taghrooda in the race. He loves being mob handed in big races if he can. I've gone in again at 10s.

Joseph hopes to do 9 stone to ride Ol Man River.
I wish him well but Kool Kompany could give Pat Dobbs another super ride this year, remember he was fourth last year on a 100/1 shot leading most of the way in what was a vintage renewal.

I backed Lucida for this prior to her last start of last season when beaten in England. Bolger had informed a colleague on a school trip to the yard that he thought she should have been favorite for the 1000 Guineas. It may have taken until 2 days before hand, but hes been proven correct!! Hope she can go on and win now, in an ew double with Ol Man River...for the Derby..... Didn't do the Guineas double until this week unfortunately when the prices were well contracted.

The 1,000 just doesn't float my boat at all. Long term Found will be the best filly though would have taken her on here if lining up.

Bit of a jump for Intilaaq in the 2,000 but he looked pretty useful to me. Moheet has a bit to find but I expect a fair bit of improvement from the last day. Could go well at a price.

As for the Derby. Step forward Newton.

James Doyle to send Home of The Brave to the front from the off. Catch him if you can. Might as well at 33s.

Dutch Connection will do for me at 20's. Has a bit to find, but thought he was given a pretty poor ride by Baker in the National; should have gotten at him far sooner. Should improve for the mile as well.

Looking forward to seeing Gleneagles as well; more typical Ballydoyle Guineas sort than the horses that have been first string the last couple of years.

I was quite taken by the way INTILAAQ ran at Newbury in April making all winning quite easily I know this is a step up but the ground is no problem

The fact we've only got two pages on the guineas shows this is a less than exciting edition. Lets hope its like Sea the Stars year and a star is born....

I'm gonna go for Ol Man River, I was very impressed with him both starts last year and whilst I think he'll be best over 10f, he might just be good enough to beat this lot.

Topical selection for me is Ride Like the Wind, given the strong headwind could influence the result [and he has beaten Territories in the past]. W Hill going first 4.

on Ol Man River e/w. nearly added Kool Kompany but left it.

Gleneagles drifting like an absolute barge

I backed Gleneagles ew at 4/1-Aidan likes his horses to sweat up-I think the market overreacted with the drift to 9/2.
Peanuts on Room Key and Hail the Hero to be placed at 33s.

Nice price. Also backed Celestial Path ew 4 places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Easy winner, Lagardere form comes to the fore. Could be a star, Irish Guineas to St James Palace I reckon, then they'll get tempted by 10f.

Hoping Malabar can run well today. I remember when Mick Channon trained Queens Logic... she was a nice filly.

They're all nice fillies and its a case of which has progressed the most from 2 to 3 I think.
The market may provide interesting clues closer to the off.
Tiggy Wiggy and Osaila are the two being supported thus far.

Last edited:
Back