2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rorydelargy@Dec 4 2007, 05:42 PM
Slightly old news but Victom's Chance was killed in a schooling fall a few weeks back.
Hi Rory, i did hear about a fortnight ago that he'd died. I thought you'd know for sure! Do you know whats happened to his brother Murphy?

Originally posted by Love Everlasting+Dec 5 2007, 08:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Love Everlasting @ Dec 5 2007, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rorydelargy@Dec 4 2007, 05:42 PM
Slightly old news but Victom's Chance was killed in a schooling fall a few weeks back.
Hi Rory, i did hear about a fortnight ago that he'd died. I thought you'd know for sure! Do you know whats happened to his brother Murphy? [/b][/quote]
Hi Ali ~ as far as I know Murphy's has been retired after picking up a tendon injury, but I suppose a return is not entirely impossible. Will ask Tommy at the Boylesports meeting.

Cheers Rory, I'v been wondering for a while what happened to the old boy, as long as he's happy whatever he's doing. It'l be nice to know if hes still around.

Shiul Oisin - killed at Navan yesterday
Aghacashel Angel - killed when running a blinder at Punch today

From the RP:
<< TEXAS GOLD has certainly earned himself a happy retirement. A career spanning 102 races has yielded 15 wins and a further 26 placed efforts, while there are countless other excellent runs in defeat on his cv.

Clive Edginton's nine-year-old entered the starting stalls for the final time at Lingfield on Sunday and, while there was to be no fairytale ending, he again ran his heart out to dead-heat for fourth, delighting connections, with whom he has a home for life.

Trainer William Muir said: "He has been absolutely brilliant for us, and we'll look after him now for the rest of his days. He's been so consistent and you could see he was giving it all again today. He's been a real credit to himself and us." >>

Connections were quick to claim the closely related Kamal from Kevin Ryan a couple of runs back so hopefully he'll be an adequate replacement for Texas Gold.

thanks for that, amnd wish texas gold a great retirement too, just a shame that I seemed have baked him on the other 61 occasions .... :suspect:

Thyolo collapsed just now at the start of the Amateurs Race at Wolves. This beautiful liver chestnut was very highly thought of in his youth at Clive Cox's, then lost his way, possibly feeling whatever has caused him to collapse today. Awful start to the careers of some of these kids who had never been on a racecourse before. Laura Grey Thyolo's jock stretchered off, poor girl. Awaiting news of the horse but looks bad.

One of Brendan's horses :what: and Laura Gray is the daughter of the lovely Robin Gray who is one of the politest men I have ever met in racing. Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Thyolo has been humanely destroyed :( and Laura is on her way to hospital after a really heavy fall. She is conscious. What an awful start to the day. My thoughts are with all the connections of Thyolo and of course with Laura's family.

from sportinglife.co.uk

There was drama at Wolverhampton as the opening Pontin's Book Early Price Promise Amateur Riders' Handicap was halted midway through the race.

Brendan Powell's Thyolo collapsed to the floor inside the first furlong and unshipped jockey Laura Gray, who was carried off the track on a stretcher.

The rest of the jockeys continued riding but needed to pull up their mounts before completing the first circuit of the extended one-mile-one-furlong contest, with Powell's gelding prostrate on the course.

The race was declared void with all bets refunded.

Clerk of the course Gemma Charrington told At The Races: "She (Gray) has just been taken to hospital and is conscious.

"Unfortunately, the horse had to be humanely destroyed."

Just seen the replay, looked awful. Hope the jockey is ok.

Edit: and top marks to the guys on course and the other jockeys for managing to call an early end to the race.

Poor boy. I used to know him well when I was a regular at Clive's, did so well for him early on
Commiserations to all connections Kathy. And well done to Brendan for giving Clive's horses another lease of life, he knows they have been well looked after

Courtesy of The Racing Post:
"The rest of the jockeys continued riding but needed to pull up their mounts before completing the first circuit of the extended one-mile-one-furlong contest, with Powell's gelding prostrate on the course. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back