2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that and you know it - try asking Ardross why he felt the need to pretty much accuse people of making things up!!

Pivotal Era, today in the 1.30 at Lingfield.. Having had this horse at our yard this year it is very sad as he was a lovely kind natured horse who had many problems but loads of ability. I actually put his current trainer on to buying him from ours as we have been friends for years. Just to add Richard Thomas another good mate is on his way home after being knocked out from him coming down so quick when his off fore leg snapped and has nothing broken but is very very lucky as it all happened so quick. :(

Oh dear :( It's bad enough losing horses that you don't personally know - let alone those horses and jockeys that get injured that you do know. Fingers crossed Richard is OK.

Swift Half broke a leg at Lingfield today. Galoshes, who fell in the novice hurdle was ok despite it looking bad initially.

Unfortunately it didn't look good for Pole Star yesterday either, I'm not sure he survived his fall.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Nov 28 2007, 07:57 PM
Swift Half broke a leg at Lingfield today. Galoshes, who fell in the novice hurdle was ok despite it looking bad initially.

Unfortunately it didn't look good for Pole Star yesterday either, I'm not sure he survived his fall.
Will find out in morning;

good mate of mine works for Evan

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 2 2007, 01:38 AM
Strong Flow broke down today on his near fore diagonal.
I thought he was ok? he was walking around after the race shrug::

Can they save him?

Heard yesterday that he (Strong Flow) is safe, so to say.

Please send update on Pole Star, Chris !!

The French Furze, retired (just read in sportinglife)

The French Furze has been retired after failing to show his customary zip in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle.

Nicky Richards' ever-popular 13-year-old was making his eighth successive appearance in the Newcastle feature on Saturday, but was beaten some way from home and was eventually pulled up.

Richards said: "He has been a pleasure to train, but age has caught up with him, and the ground was probably a little bit on the quick side for him on Saturday.

"I owe him plenty as he was the horse who enabled me to rub shoulders with the big boys shortly after I started out," he told the Racing Post.

"Great credit to the old lad, he took me to all those Cheltenhams, Haydocks, Aintrees - and of course Newcastle - and he never let me down as he was so consistent.

"He has given me many memories but my two favourite days were his win in the Fighting Fifth (2003), and when he beat Mighty Man in a conditions race at Cheltenham last year.

"My daughter Joey rides him at home and the horse will be given five-star treatment during his retirement."

very sensible of course, and great to know the old boy safe, but write this with a little choke in throat and will be really really much missed!

French Executive, ex Paul Nicholls stayer. A real little trier and died in a fashion quite typical of him, when winning a point to point at Tweseldown under Charlotte Tizzard. He collapsed just before the final fence. So sorry for connections who adored him, and for Charlotte who was gutted.

I tried to get hold of Nick as regards to Pole Star but he didn't know, all he said was he wasn't in the yard when he rode out at the weekend.

He said he will ask when he goes in on Saturday.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 4 2007, 04:30 PM
I tried to get hold of Nick as regards to Pole Star but he didn't know, all he said was he wasn't in the yard when he rode out at the weekend.

He said he will ask when he goes in on Saturday.
thanks chris, is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back