2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a real blow about Pedrobob, Galileo.

After the flurry of decent novices and gold cup winners, highlighted by Kicking King and War of Attrition Ireland really needs a decent high profile chaser again.

Maybe Notre Pere in the Harcon colours can do the business.

Kalinka only raced 12 times as she was a dog. She had ability but had no intention of going through with it on the track.

Colin....Any more news about fatality at Huntingdon , nothing on RP site...
:(

Minaad going out onto the track prior to his debut victory at Fontwell.

Minaad.jpg

God that's awful news, it looked horrible - but I thought they'd said in Laddies later that all got up
they must have been talking about a different race :what:
Commerations to connections, really upsetting as as both were very talented

Sounds as though Royal Melbourne broke down badly if not terminally at Donny.
Another one frrom a small stable, commiserations to all connections

There's been a number of other crashing falls at both jump meetings, but no news yet?

Terrible scenes at Donny today in the second I think as well. Poor horse broke a near hind, and sickening scenes ensued.

In my time two horses collapsed right in front of me at the track.

Henderson's Buckside, at Huntingdon in 2001, and Le Sauvignon after the Feltham that Jair Du Cochet won.

I always like to go down to the fences for at least one race when I am racing, but thankfully I haven't had to witness a fatal injury at close quarters.

I was in the stand the day Doran's Pride was killed in the Foxhunters and I must say the attitude of the majority of the racegoers in cheering home their horses was regrettable. My bins remained fixed on the old hero as he struggled for life, willing him to make it. I didn't even know who had won until I got home and watched the recording.

Truly tragic.

Sunshine Guest fell fatally yesterday in the 1.55 at Doncaster :(

Call Bewleys also at Leoparstown today 1.20... have posted this on another post , but thought it should be here also :( dreadful day at Leoparstown today cry

Sunshine Guest was my uncles horse,all gutted after how well she won last time out and how well Graham Lee said she was travelling when she fell. cry

Oh Spoons, that's so sad, really sorry for all your family. Nothing more to say really. cry

Spoons she was a lovely mare. and my thoughts are with you and your uncle and family :(

courtesy of mark howard;

ACCORDING TO JOHN, ALFIE FLITS (considered most unlikely to go jumping), ARCALIS, ARCTIC ECHO, BALLAROYALE, BLACK HARRY, BRECKS LANE, BRIAREUS, CHILLING PLACE (Retired), DEMPSEY, DETROIT CITY (Dead), EDEN LINTY (Dead), ETHAN’S STAR, EZDEYAAD, FAST FORWARD, GLENCOVE MARINA, GRANIT JACK (Dead), HIVIKOS, HOT WELD, IKTITAF (Dead), IN COMPLIANCE, JAZZ D’ESTRUVAL, KILLAGHY CASTLE, KNOCKAVILLA, LACDOUDAL, MACORVILLE (won’t go jumping this season), MAD FISH, MY WILL, NEBELTAU, NICE FEELING, NOBLE REQUEST (Retired), NYCTEOS, OUR BEN (Dead), SIR BOREAS HAWK, SWEET WAKE, TAILOR’S HALL (Dead), TARANIS, WELL CHIEF, WILLYANWOODY (Dead), ZABENZ

You had me worried there. I thought all on the list were dead. I saw Balack Harry and thought "when did that happen". Then I got to Glencove Marina and copped on!! Thank god. RIP to those on the list not fortunate enough to be alive, especially Macs and Iktitaf.

Desert Inferno's fatal injury was particularly sad as the horse was on his way to a comfortable victory.

Port of Mogan didn't look too good either.

Australia's Champion 2 year old dies without a start at 3. Darley had recently purchased him for $12million AUD.

Meurice euthanased after breaking down in trackwork
Racenet
Thursday, 31 January 2008
Last year’s champion two year-old Meurice broke down at Randwick this morning and has been put down.

The colt was being ridden by Nash Rawiller at approximately 4.45am in a gallop when he pulled the horse up at the 400m mark and dismounted.

He was immediately transported to Randwick Equine Centre where he was diagnosed with a fractured shoulder with vets deciding he could not be saved and the decision was taken to euthanase him around 7am.

Meurice was named champion juvenile last season after winning the Gr 1 Champagne Stakes and being placed in both the Gr 1 Golden Slipper and Gr 1 AJC Sires Produce Stakes.

He was purchased by Darley stud for $12 million following his two year-old campaign but has not been seen on the racetrack since, having missed the spring carnival due to equine influenza.

Darley Australia boss Ollie Tait rushed to Randwick and after a short conversation with Gai Waterhouse, went to the vet surgery.

“It’s very sad,” said a clearly upset Tait.

“There’s nothing could be done.”

and this...

Gai shattered over Meurice’s demise
Clinton Payne
Thursday, 31 January 2008

Hall Of Fame trainer Gai Waterhouse has described the trackwork incident this morning that ended the life of star three-year-old Meurice as her “saddest day” in racing.

“It was the saddest day I have ever had in racing,” Waterhouse said on her website.

“I was so wanting for his owner, Sheikh Mohammed of Darley Stud, to enjoy this magnificent colt racing him through his three and four-year-old career.”

The colt was being ridden by Nash Rawiller at approximately 4.45am in a gallop on the Randwick dirt track when the jockey pulled the horse up at the 400m mark and dismounted.

He was immediately transported to Randwick Equine Centre where he was diagnosed with a fractured shoulder with vets deciding he could not be saved and the decision was taken to euthanase him around 7am.

“Meurice had the most wonderful open personality, the nicest of natures and most of all he was a supreme athlete,” said his trainer.

“When the veterinarian told us that he could not be saved the boys and girls who have had the pleasure of working with this colt were devastated.

“Racing is full of highs and lows and this certainly shows that one has to enjoy the wins when they come along.

“We will miss Meurice enormously.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back