2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BHA have launched a "routine review" into it due to the multiple deaths.

:( :( :(

BHA to review Ludlow deaths

by Racing Post staff

THE BHA on Thursday began an immediate review of events at Ludlow on
Wednesday when three horses died and one suffered career-threatening
injuries.

The three fatalities occurred in separate races at the meeting and in
different circumstances.

The Debbie Hamer-trained Terminal Bee broke a fetlockand fell in the opening
2m maiden hurdle, although connections believe the injury occurred before
that flight.
Port Of Mogan broke a leg when falling at the 12th of the 19 fences
in the beginners' chase while Desert Inferno broke a leg when clear on the
run-in in the concluding 2m5f maiden hurdle.

BHA spokesman spokesman Owen Byrne said: "We are carrying out a review of
the fatalities at Ludlow, as we do on any occasion where there are multiple
fatalities on one day or at the same meeting.²

He's up and fine. 'a bit subdued'
Betfair radio is getting v good at updating on horses :)

Sad news about Meurice for sure Rodo. Darley paid a fair few quid for him from what I've heard.

On a happier note I was convinced we'd lost one yesterday and he got up, and the same again today with The Polomoche :)

Sad to hear about Prince of Tara...was a capable sort and had a big win on him earlier this season at Navan I think...shame

The Polomoche always look like he was just winded - he was waving his legs about whilst Fitzy was trying to hold him down.

Well, we only watch racing on the computer, and the screen is rather small, for us it really looked as if he broke his leg on landing; they showed a replay as well were that "option" looked even liklier, so glad it was "just" being winded. Again, thanks for the quick update.

Earth Man is still in the equine hospital :(

All About Trigger, one of Kim Baileys had a rib broken after being "cannoned" into by another horse after falling, he is out for the rest of the season

All About Trigger nearly brought down the horse that "cannoned" into him; he fell in front of him and severely impeded him, causing that horse's rider to be unseated.

That's really sad. I was listening to a trainer remarking only a couple of days ago that it's always the good'uns that still give their all when they feel something start to go - heart, tendon or whatever; so they are the ones which tend to collapse like that, at the course or on the gallops

The Budgee (broke shoulder in Navan)

Sixo (Haydock)

I read about another horse I think in Uttoxeter, but cannot recall the name at moment.

Kentucky Derby winner Winning Colors is dead :( Very few fillies have won this race

From The Bloodhorse

Champion Winning Colors, winner of the 1988 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), was euthanized Feb. 17 following complications from colic at Hagyard Davidson McGee vet clinic near Lexington. The 23-year-old Caro mare was buried at Greentree Farm, a division of Gainesway Farm near Lexington.

:(

Originally posted by crazyhorse@Feb 18 2008, 12:36 PM
The Budgee (broke shoulder in Navan)

Sixo (Haydock)

I read about another horse I think in Uttoxeter, but cannot recall the name at moment.
Flamenco bay I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back