2009 Arc.

Well he was and is the story - no question!

Minnd you Mick gave us a real fright there - they were fighting each each other for the first two furlongs (totally missed in the commentary :mad: ) and then he got boxed by F&G

I only had Youmzain and Conduit for places itn he race think Conduit just got pipped for 3rd LOL! But good old Youmy

Everything for years will be compared to him now - just as well we all love jump racing

Last edited:
The horse really bailed out Kinane then. What a performance. Good ole Youmzain, 2nd again. Catching him late as well. Would love to see Youmzain in cup races.

Thats the first time Ive watched him race - Glad I did now !! (though I did wonder about my understanding of riding when JM was saying that he had settled in 5th when the last thing he looked to me was settled.....)

well done to them all - and well done Youmzain too - I know there are varing opinions of him on various forums, but what a horse he must be to be involved with :)

Sorry, did someone say "when Sea The Stars gets beat"?!?!?! :lol: :lol:

Fame and Glory was throwing out distress signals a long way out.

I wonder will people still be looking to get Sea The Stars beaten in the States? Is there anything capable of laying it down to him? Amazing horse and one of a kind.

I wonder will people still be looking to get Sea The Stars beaten in the States? Is there anything capable of laying it down to him? Amazing horse and one of a kind.

I'm sure there'll be some masochist somewhere hoping to get him beat :lol:

Thats the first time Ive watched him race - Glad I did now !! (though I did wonder about my understanding of riding when JM was saying that he had settled in 5th when the last thing he looked to me was settled.....)

Commentary was rubbish - Jim missed STS fighting hard for his head and throwing himself around in the seocnd furlong, it was quite heart-stopping! - he was 'going thru the field' I suppose

Sorry, did someone say "when Sea The Stars gets beat"?!?!?! :lol: :lol:

Fame and Glory was throwing out distress signals a long way out.

:<3: Amazing performance, Maybe Youmzain would give him a race, :)

Is Youmzain a good horse Shadz or is he still just a nearly horse in your eye's?

I'd like to see one engage him in some sort of battle first before considering the possibility of something beating him! I'm just kicking myself for not putting on him as much money as I could get my hands on..

Fair play to Youmzain

Channon talking now, how he must be thinking 'without the freak'! Makes it even worse that he wasn;t give the race 2 yrs ago.

Yes it would be great to see Youmy in Cup races - but look at the ground he made up in the last 50 yards!

The turn of foot he showed to get through that gap is probably the most impressive I have ever seen . Move over Sea Bird

In all fairness, I don't think Youmzain would have won were Sea The Stars not there. He's a horse who doesn't win races and can get himself beaten in far weaker company. He's obviously a good horse but not one who can possibly be backed [unless place only] as he so rarely wins and he is so very often "unlucky".

It is funny I thought when he bounced so fast and was almost in front and then started pulling - he is so well they can't go anywhere near fast enough for him just like the Derby and then as he fell back and back my worry was he could not get out but as he turned in and picked up through that gap it was all over . An absolute breeze and just think what he might have done had there been anything good enough to give him a lead ...

He is the best horse I have ever seen and unlike Sea Bird and Dancing Brave and gang he had no time off .

Headstromg...Agree the commentary was awful. Seemed to have no idea which horses filled the places

Channon has his knockers but that is a truely fine training performance. How unlucky that Youmzain has met two of the very greatest horses of the last 30 odd years in consequetive years and was a bit robbed year before

I have a feeling that Fame and Glory has been bottomed by STS.Mill House to Arkle.

Yep I said as much yesterday or was it the day before. Pulling out everything in not just on he but two G1 races in a season takes a big toll

Great trick to do the presentation on track with carriages etc!

I hope he skips the Breeders Cup - he doesn't need to go there and today was a tough race .

What strikes me though is how he is getting better and stronger - what a 4 yo he would make .

Headstromg...Agree the commentary was awful. Seemed to have no idea which horses filled the places

Channon has his knockers but that is a truely fine training performance. How unlucky that Youmzain has met two of the very greatest horses of the last 30 odd years in consequetive years and was a bit robbed year before

Frankly for once who can blame him - I know I had no idea until the re-run I was watching one horse :lol:

WOW......couldnt believe he won after the way he pulled. First sign of over the top. Anyway, what a performance, what a horse!!!

Back