2012 -13 NH prediction thread - No posts after Oct 1st

Good question. I wasn't considering him for the race but I expected to see him around 25/1. I'd have taken 14/1.

Two weeks before the CH it transpires the favourite, from the Henderson yard, is injured and has been to Ireland for treatment.

Barney Curley lands a touch with a horse trained by Alan Jones.

39 horses fall at the first in the Grand National.

The BHA shock everyone by issuing fixtures that make sense, then find their printers printed the list back to front.

It's a very winnable looking CH. I had wanted him to go chasing, but I reckon they will fancy a crack at the big pot

I think he'll have enough runners for the CH but what has he got for the Arkle? Some are saying he's as good as Sprinter Sacre and has been working with him.

For some reason my post didn't go through from a fortnight ago. Here are mine:

Sea of Thunder looks like a right good prospect for novice chases. I will certainly back him to win on his debut over fences.

Of the less exposed horses, I fancy the following to win a handicap or two before the season is out:

Southway Star
How's D Strawboss

Granger - Love the LW call, that's class but saying SS would be sunk cancels it out!!!

Sprinter Sacre to win Tingle Creek, Game Spirit, Victor Chandler, Champion Chase by an aggregate of 50 lengths.

Start me Up to win Kerry National

Last Instalment to win Lexus, Hennessy and Gold Cup leading home a one two three for Gigginstown

Hurricane Fly to recapture Champion Hurdle

Imperial Commander to win a Grade 1 Chase again

Simonsig to win Arkle

Joseph O'Brien to ride a winner at the festival

This was a good effort by your lowly standards.

Back