2017 Ryanair Chase

Is Vaniteux worth a look in this? I think I might have a dabble. Forgiving the fall last year he may well have beaten a few good horses. Last run looks like a cobweb blowing exercise.

Empire of Dirt price collapsing this evening. Now a general 5/2 shot and predominantly Fav. Can see this going off 2/1 or shorter tomorrow.
I already have him in an Anti Post Multiple bet at 7/1 with Might Bite 3/1 Top Notch 7/2 & Ask the Weatherman 9/2 And even though I'm on the latter 3 at worse prices, I'm content that the 7/1 EOD makes up for this. Even still I've been topping up again this evening on EOD at 3/1.
EOD and UDS are miles clear of the rest in the race and the quick ground, Stamina/staying doubts and stable form huge negatives against UDS.
On the flip side EOD great recent form, no C&D doubts, winner last year festival and Stable on fire!

I understand the confidence behind EOD but his OR is only 4lb above Uxizandre . Imagine UDS will be well supported after the liberal watering and Yorkhill's win

Jeez Louise. To sweat up like that, to pull like that, to jump like that and still have enough in the engine room to win...brilliant.

Can't help being delighted that Mullins is taking the prize money off O'Leary.

Good win in the circumstances and UDS probably some way better than the result which, as it stands, is crap form for the level.

Brilliant from Un de Sceaux but clearly he should have run yesterday . Puts to bed the nonsense about him and good ground .

His and Special Tiara's wins puts the utter brilliance of Sprinter Sacre in thrashing of both of them last year into a proper perspective

Cracking performance by UDS. We'll see what Sizing John does tomorrow but Sub Lieutenant's run suggests he'd have gone very close in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Winner did fine in conditions against.
A pity he had not been campaigned in other way could have been a champion hurdler and champion chase winner

Empire of Dirt, the ride was given was worse than awfull, the job is too big for Cooper, will be sacked at the end of the season

EOD won the Plate last year ridden similarly he was sacrificed to O Leary's obsession with winning his own race .Has been much improved for step up in trip was in the wrong race .

Last edited:
A pity he had not been campaigned in other way could have been a champion hurdler and champion chase winner

Are you never happy Suny?

He's won seven Grade 1 races including an Arkle, a Tingle Creek and a Ryanair. Had he ran in that Champion Hurdle he might not have lasted at the top as long.

EOD didn't look happy from very early on. Just going a yard to quick for him and his jumping suffered as a result.

Empire of Dirt, the ride was given was worse than awfull, the job is too big for Cooper, will be sacked at the end of the season

Even if he was juiced up like Ben Johnson he wouldnt of won today

Wrong race, simple as

Don Cossack was an 8yo though. This is much worse.

Given SL's proximity cannot help wondering where Sizing John would have come in that. Oh well.

Travesty really.

In any event he prob needs a bit of juice. I dont like stayers going over intermediate trips

Winner was better than I imagined in any case.

Only thing I'd blame Cooper on is picking the wrong Gigi

For whatever reason, EOD was beaten going past the stands. There wasn't anything obviously wrong - just more animation from Cooper than I'd have wanted to see, at such an early stage of the race.

That aside, the horse should patently have been in the Gold Cup, the useless, Jambo, lotto-shilling, cu*nts.

#soreloser

PS. I take nothing away from UDS - it was a bold and classy performance.

PPS. Apologies for the language.

Last edited:

😂😂 hope you are either trolling, drunk or talking through your pocket!

Back