2018 Gold Cuppin'

Sizing John, Thistlecrack, Might Bite, Un De Sceaux/Douvan

Not a bad line up for the King George

Other than some idiot in the racing post making out Altior will take on Douvan in the Tingle Creek when their i no such news to support that I have read nothing to say how Douvan is doing.

The lack of news about horses like Douvan,Faugheen from the Mullins yard is a disgrace...hop you are right about the KG line up but hell knows when we will know

They gave a positive bulletin on Faugheen two weeks ago Tanlic.

the reasons I think Douvan will be stepped up are

1. Seeing how Sizing John fared last year

2. They have Min and great field

There's absolutely no chance they will clash in the Tingle Creek that article is pie in the sky.

WPM would need to be mad to take on Altior so soon after his accident.

On Douvan stepping up.........I can't see it bt would love to see him go King George

Hard to see him hitting the racecourse before Xmas but if he comes back before Xmas it will probably be the Hilly Way again...

Then surely the King George is too soon afterwards and he'll be very likely to stay at 2 miles and take Altior on.

The bummer is we may never see Douvan over further is he beats Altior pointless in the QMCC which he will do if back to his best IMVHO

Last edited:
Not exactly a technician over the fences is he?

I think he's a more exciting but also more mental version of UDS.

a peak douvan or altior and i suspect all great field does is give em a lovely tow into the race

On a line through Ordinary World, it would be dangerous to dismiss Great Field in this fashion. His form is more-or-less around the same level as both Altior and Min, based on that Punchestown run. That said, Altior is certainly a worthy AP favourite for the QMCC, and will be an incredibly tough-nut to crack.

Hard to have an opinion on Douvan until he gets back to the track, and not impossible they will up him in trip either.

[FONT=&quot]Nicky Henderson has also revealed that the enigmatic Might Bite will have the bonus as a target.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"The Chase Triple Crown is a fantastic initiative and it's great that Jockey Club Racecourses is repeating the bonus," he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It focuses your mind as to where to start the season if you want a chance of winning the Triple Crown. Might Bite's main objective is the King George so with this bonus it would certainly make sense to start at Haydock Park."[/FONT]

Big clash early doors so. All roads to Hyadock

The PR loving, horse owning machine that is Ricci should aim something at this

It would be great if Wylie wanted to call the shots and send Yorkhill down this route too

Back