2021 1000 Guineas

The replay of the 1000 Guineas came on RacingTV a few times this morning. Hard to watch Santa Barbara finish off her race and think she's anything like the hype. Looks like she wants the Leger trip already.

Last edited:
The replay of the 1000 Guineas came on RacingTV a few times this morning. Hard to watch Santa Barbara finish off her race and think she's anything like the hype. Looks like she wants the Leger trip already.

On her way out of the paddock, Weaver said: "whatever she does here she will come on for the run, so if she were to win then she would justify the hype". I thought Ryan Moore road her for a combination of experience, get her fit and there's always another day. She muddled her hind legs going into the dip, this slightly unbalanced her and allowed the two on her outside to nose ahead. Once she sorted her legs out, she rallied to the line without more resorting to the whip. The extra distance, experience under her belt, and a fitter horse going forward should see her realize all the hype....

She may well be a St Leger horse Slim, but I think she will take the Oaks in her stride before that...they have others for the Arc.

On her way out of the paddock, Weaver said: "whatever she does here she will come on for the run, so if she were to win then she would justify the hype". I thought Ryan Moore road her for a combination of experience, get her fit and there's always another day. She muddled her hind legs going into the dip, this slightly unbalanced her and allowed the two on her outside to nose ahead. Once she sorted her legs out, she rallied to the line without more resorting to the whip. The extra distance, experience under her belt, and a fitter horse going forward should see her realize all the hype....

She may well be a St Leger horse Slim, but I think she will take the Oaks in her stride before that...they have others for the Arc.

She's miles off an Arc. I wouldn't want to be on her at Epsom.

She's miles off an Arc. I wouldn't want to be on her at Epsom.

Is that 'in any circumstances' or just at the current price?

For me she's a very worthy favourite, likely to improve significantly for the step up in trip as well as for the experience of Sunday.

I don't think the price is great but I've got her at 8/1 and at that price in a double with Mother Earth (25/1) :) so I'm biased.

I took Miss Amulet at 50/1 back in August on the back of an excellent time in the Lowther. I went in again at the same price a couple of weeks later. From memory, it might have been because I'd read that Coolmore had acquired her but I see she runs in the colours of Mrs Tabor. I don't have a great eye for horses' conformation or distance requirements but I thought she looked like the six were too sharp for her in the Cheveley Park. Timeform say she looks like a sprinter but her dosage suggests at least a mile and she "stayed on well" over that trip at Keeneland. I remain hopeful.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/miss-amulet-returning-to-hq-for-cup/192702

Back