A library of horses to lay

Saw the Doc Hay race -without knowing the form is he a half decent horse who could win in better class or does he just have a very shrewd and capable trainer.

Well played, EC1.

This is the sort of thread I rarely act upon monetarily (I'm not a man to follow anyone else's opinion), but yet am constantly drawn to read and digest. Keep them coming, EC1!

Nahrain has fair prospects at Sandown tomorrow but she has to be a lay at about 1.9 on Betfair in view of the fact that four of her five rivals appear to have a decent chance of turning her over.

Soorah 14:35 Sandown

If I meet anyone else who claims that Soorah is well drawn simply because she's drawn in stall 1, I shall punch them squarely on the nose. Then explain why they're wrong. Soorah has, in fact, a shocking draw. There is no inner rail in the early stages of 1m races at Sandown, meaning that those drawn very low tend to be forced off a racing line in the early jockeying for position. A check on the stats shows that in 65 handicaps with 12+ runners since 2000, stalls 1-3 have produced a loss to level stakes of £911.10 for a £10 stake on Betfair, with stall 1 the worst of the 3 with a loss of £393.70.

Just to clarify that I've taken account the draw change, so "stall 1" would have been the highest stall in previous years.

Thanks for that Rory. I took 10/1 Sooraah on Thursday evening with Totesport and the "good" draw was certainly a factor.

I'm now off to top myself.

Thanks for that Rory. I took 10/1 Sooraah on Thursday evening with Totesport and the "good" draw was certainly a factor.

I'm now off to top myself.
You're in good company, the sponsors odds compiler, once of this parish, is also on. Doubt my stats will see him lay off, though.

Back