Aintree 2017

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Nichols Canyon not fav for the hurdle. Wow!

That's probably the only value aswel, Quite likely to run too given he went through all the spring festivals succesfully in his novice year.

Even more so than Cheltenham the value with Aintree apart from the National is to wait for the day.

Mullins said NC will only run at P'town. They don't want to give him again too many races before going to America. Maybe run at Aintree as it'll give him plenty of time but that price is based on Mullins never mentioning Aintree for him.

Mullins said NC will only run at P'town. They don't want to give him again too many races before going to America. Maybe run at Aintree as it'll give him plenty of time but that price is based on Mullins never mentioning Aintree for him.

If that's correct Harry is the bet of all time.

i doubt mullins will bring many over for this meeting. only a 3 week gap and it's nothing like last year where he was going for the trainer title. he'll be focusing on punchestown to try and win the irish version of the prize.

could apply same logic to elliott.

gives an angle into some of these markets.

I'd look to take on Native River. Would be surprised if he had the necessary speed for this. In fact I'd be somewhat surprised if Tizzard ran him.

I'd look to take on Native River. Would be surprised if he had the necessary speed for this. In fact I'd be somewhat surprised if Tizzard ran him.

He ran very well there last year though and seems to enjoy his racing. I'd be more surprised if Cue Card turned up after that fall and I think he's more likely to go to Punchestown. Agree Empire Of Dirt could be the value.

I just hope we have a better supporting card on the Saturday than we did last year.

While it's great to see the likes of Yorkhill, Douvan & Thistlecrack, the enticingly named grade 3 Gaskells Waste Management hurdle, followed by 30/100, 2/13 and 2/7 favourites (ironically followed by 50/1 h'cap winner Maggio) made it the most boring day of racing from a betting angle that I can ever remember.

FWIW I wouldn't want to be in a rush to take on Native River. He looked so good here last year in beating three horses that were all coming into it on the back of a festival win.

As much as I love Buveur D'air it's hard to imagine anything could have lived with Apples Jade here last year and 9/2 could be too big.

I reckon Un De Sceux will be kept at home for Punchestown so Gods Own could be hard to stop in a bid to repeat his Melling win but I don't reckon he'll start much shorter than the 7/2 he is right now even if UDS doesn't run.

Last edited:
Given that the Irish trainers title is on the line, he might fire his bullets at the Punchestown version i'd say

That's a good point, can see Mullins and Elliot keeping their powder dry for Fairyhouse and Punchestown.
The UK trainers championship is also close, think about £100K between Henderson and Nicholls.
Looks like it will be a fascinating end to the season both sides of the water.

I haven't checked this out in detail but I think the last couple of times Alan King has had a disappointing Cheltenham he's made up for it at Aintree. I'll be keeping a close eye on his runners.

Mullins not sending many to Aintree by all accounts. As expected he's keeping his powder dry for Punchestown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 remain in the Topham
Topham_zpskrbv6fgd.jpg

Un De Sceaux at Punchestown and Fox Norton, God's Own and Sub Lieutenant in the Melling as Punchy does not have a 2m4f Grade 1. SL the obvious bet at 7s.

Back