Aintree 2017

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Alan King has to be on the trainers to avoid list after that sack of ****. The horse travelled like a dream and found nothing.

Yeah he was just travelling so well that the leaders couldn't live with him IMO so found himself in front too soon and was an easy target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King's reputation has been out-running his ability for a number of years, imo. He should be doing a lot better, with the owners he has, and the money he spends on their behalf.

If he didn't have so many early-season juvenile winners, he'd be training from a soup-kitchen.

Finians was green but let's see this boy over a fence next season

Absolutely one to look forward too Cheltenham looks like it would suit him to a tee, Power gave him a couple of niggles coming round the bend as if the track might have been a bit tighter than he would like.
Must be some weapon to come there hacking even after that.

Feel for you, Euro. There's a good 3+ handicap chase in Politilogue next season, (probably the Hennessy).

Last edited:
Feel for you, Euro. There's a good 3+ handicap chase in Politilogue next season, (probably the Hennessy).

Can't imagine he will see a trip anywhere near 3m next season. That was going to be his best effort to date, dropped back to 2m.

Yeah, Its possible they keep him at 2 miles. He could win a couple of chases, before getting found out against better, Champion Chaser bracket opposition. He's ran a cracker today, (as from watching the horse), I reckon he'll be better over further.

Last edited:
Rightdownthemiddle is worth watching in the market in the 3:40. Recently joined Gordon Elliots yard, beat last years Grand National winner, Rule The World in 2015; There's ability there, when the horse decides to show it, imho. I reckon some market support might prove my suspicion, that he is a plot-job horse.

The Tizzard bandwagon fecks-me over again, had it each way anyway.

Last edited:
Good luck, I feel 2M4F was too sharp at Cheltenham, I thought he needed three miles beforehand, and watching the race confirmed what I thought. So they drop him to two miles. He's not for me, he may run well, but a proper two miler should beat him, imho.

Would go along with Brio Conti, (tentatively).

Fountains Windfall beat a horse flagged up on here as a decent type, (Solighoster), last time out, so I'm anticipating a big run off 137 in the 1:45.

Rightdownthemiddle is worth watching in the market in the 3:40. Recently joined Gordon Elliots yard, beat last years Grand National winner, Rule The World in 2015; There's ability there, when the horse decides to show it, imho. I reckon some market support might prove my suspicion, that he is a plot-job horse.

Couple of fine shouts there marb :cool:

Rightdownthemiddle looks a National type for next year. Not enough speed today, but looks a stayer, jumps really well and would be very interesting in the 2018 Nash.

Last edited:
Looking at that how in the name of God did they send Yanworth champion hurdle route. McCoy is still in denial it wasn't the trip that caught him out at Cheltenham!!!

Looking at that how in the name of God did they send Yanworth champion hurdle route. McCoy is still in denial it wasn't the trip that caught him out at Cheltenham!!!

tbf he's not had a wasted season

Barry Geraghty (Yanworth) suspended for four days for using whip above permitted level and Robbie Power(Supasundae) for two days for similar offence.

Last edited:
Assuming all the horses from the last were okay - and I haven't seen anything to the contrary - then every horse who ran at Aintree this year came home safely. That's the best result of all.

Thank goodness - it looked really bad to be honest and I thought oh no, the unblemished meeting isn't. Fair play to the Clerk of the Course and the Head Groundsman who did a fantastic job with the ground considering the weather conditions.

Back