Aintree 2021

Worst day’s betting I can ever remember. Got lucky with Chantry House and was heavily invested and very confident about Copperless and just knew he’d fall

Tough week. Espoir de Romay without the fav - was cursing myself for the lack of bottle coming down to the second last.

Another awful day for me too.

I can't recall ever doing so badly at this meeting for all its ups and downs over the years.

Ah well, there's always the Grand National...

Isnt that the issue really. It was against the owners interest to contest the race properly. Kennedy did the right thing by pottering around for the horses own sake. A fourth place finish looks better than it actually was - behind Militarian until he pulled up after the second last.

Anyone interested in racing knows that todays race wasn't Tiger Roll's true form and it was never going to be his true form. He will have a hard time pretending to anyone that it is. If you win two grand nationals, expect to be near the top of the weights. Just dont kill the horse or mug off punters.

Michael O'Leary must own the only badly handicapped Irish national hunt horse in existence.

Awful day here also. To cap it I forgot to back Livelovelaugh and Pink eyed Pedro[emoji3525]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to back Pink Eyed Pedro and also did the winner of the first as well as Chantry House so better day for me.

Me
Worst day’s betting I can ever remember. Got lucky with Chantry House and was heavily invested and very confident about Copperless and just knew he’d fall

Me too -when Belfast Banter was 16 on bet fair I asked for a modest bet at 16.5-made a cup of tea and when I came back he was single figures.Not only did I refuse to back him at double figures in running I actually laid him at short prices.
My blood was up after that -laid Chantry House for a ridiculous amount at 2.34and managed to survive that by laying the horse that fell in the lead at very close to his floor price.
I was an accident waiting to happen at this stage and managed to blow most of what I had made in 3 weeks profitable post Cheltenham punting.
Tomorrow is a new day -Discorama finishing in the First 5gets it all back and would be my biggest ever win if he was victorious.

6 mil going on the national course tonight. Will be softer side of good to soft apparently.

Yesterday there wasn't a single race run fewer than 10 seconds slower than standard. That's genuinely softish ground.

Today only two dipped below the 10s mark, the Topham, which was visually strongly run, and the closing 2m hcap hurdle. Two of the final three races.

It's a waste of time looking for a fast ground horse. There have been some strange results for sure but nothing to do with faster ground.

There just seems to be something either about the track or the stage of the season or a mixture of both but there have been some seriously strange results and performances.

Whatever water they put on last night will surely be negated by the weather today. At 6.30 this morning the course was covered in a white blanket of frost. All that has now evaporated, the sun is beaming down...

Whatever water they put on last night will surely be negated by the weather today. At 6.30 this morning the course was covered in a white blanket of frost. All that has now evaporated, the sun is beaming down...

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Hometown Boy backer I was close to being without a Television for the Nash

Back