Aintree Friday

Cheers Colin, a nice result as got on before the money came for him. Great ride by Geraghty, who cajoled him along well when he hit a flat spot. Good run by Menorah too, maybe outstayed. Frustrating in a sense as I had a good bet on General Miller at 25s at Cheltenham!

cheers.

In a similar way to Menorah, General Miller strikes me as one they can't go fast enough for.

Cheers Colin, a nice result as got on before the money came for him. Great ride by Geraghty, who cajoled him along well when he hit a flat spot. Good run by Menorah too, maybe outstayed. Frustrating in a sense as I had a good bet on General Miller at 25s at Cheltenham!

Well done but not quite as frustrating as backing Get Me Out Of Here at Cheltenham and Menorah today.

I've gone for Ogee and Lenabane (each way) in the next. The former ran a cracker at Cheltenham, and could have won if he jumped a little better. His form at Aintree last year is a massive plus. Lenabane has been running well and should improve for the ground. Burton Port is drifting alarmingly, although this could be the layers trying to get yet another Cheltenham horse beat.

Frustrated the two I backed were the two hampered by Khatchaturian's fall. :mad:

Not a great race but glad to see Burton Port win - top horse.

People seem to be making a lot of the fact Kalahari King (who I rate) won at this meeting last year. However, surely Schindlers Hunt performance in narrowly losing to Voy Por was a better one yet he is 4 times the price. He's worth an each way investment, and I've gone quite big on Jack the Giant, also each way.

In 14 career starts Forpadytheplasterer has not finished out of the first two - that is a pretty remarkable level of consistency given the animals he has been taking on.

I have to say, I think a good jockey would transform Knockara Beau.

I thought he received a poor tactical ride today. Why Faltejsek didn't press on - and in not doing so allow the race to develope into a relative test of speed - after his runs at both Cheltenham and Ascot is totally beyond me. Granted, the horse's jumping let him down again but he was never going to live with the likes of Burton Port when the gallop quickened at the end of the back.

Last edited:
Burton Port, small but really tough. Fortunately, the price was too big to resist. Anyone who thinks to quote Lydia that he was 'hammered' by Weapons Amnesty at Cheltenham should go back and look at the Cheltenham race again. He must have met 8-10 fences on a poor stride and was continually having to make up two lengths. He missed a couple today but as expected he jumped much better for Geraghty than McCoy.

People seem to be making a lot of the fact Kalahari King (who I rate) won at this meeting last year.

They are, it was a poor race. He's being overbet on that information and the fact that he needs further than two miles. FPTP should be favourite for this.

I have backed Forpady and a fun bet on Oh Crick who was staying on well enough last time at Cheltenham and has performed well at Aintree in the past.

Still toying with backing Burton Port. Must jump better for Geraghty than he did for McCoy but he did end up having what a pretty hard race at Cheltenham. Although he is the best horse in the race he isn't very big and this might be one race too many. Hope not.

Good stuff. Very nice price.

In 14 career starts Forpadytheplasterer has not finished out of the first two - that is a pretty remarkable level of consistency given the animals he has been taking on.

Never in the top one when I back him though!

Back