Aintree Friday

Lovely ride from Brian Hughes, travelled better than one of his usual mounts that get backed from 5/1 into 7/4 for the boss in a bumper....

They go on about racing for change, trying to improve racing, yet you have the farce at the start that we just had - Private Be should not have been allowed race, and then to wait for quite some time only for him to then be withdrawn is a disgrace. Racing needs to sort itself out - a real mess that was.

Frankie Figg. What a site. The highlight of the meeting for me.
Agreed - poetry in motion. Done a small fortune backing the horse the past year but he's such a sight, definite highlight of the meeting and how the National fences are meant to be jumped, been unlucky to come down three times now "he jumps too well" as how Howard Johnson described him this morning.

Western leader looks a bit of a false favourite in the next. the form of his last race isn't working out at all, and the ground will be very different today. Inexperienced pilot also won't help.

Agree with Aragorn about the Williams horse. Think Kennel Hill, if mental issues sorted out, could look a very big 14/1 shot.

I'd have a look at it again - horses, 1/2 aside, have been beaten out of sight since that day.

The Williams horse is taking a right walk.

Double Espresso

Dual bumper winner on good ground. Placed on hurdles debut, before recording a 10l victory over a next-time-out-by-6l-winner.

18/1 with E/W terms. 24s on Betfair

I don't understand.

Costello rode the winner. Western Leader handled the ground but looked as if he would be better on a right handed track. The winner has shown plenty of promise but this was still a big step up aided no doubt by the drying ground.

Western Leader broke down - got to think he was an unlucky enough loser if that's the case

Well that worked a treat! Now that I'm on a roll I'll have to do the same tomorrow. I'm out early so any aftertiming will have to wait until later in the evening or Sunday.

Good luck everyone.

Is this the first confirmed Forum case of ADHD?

Got to say that FRANKIE FIGG's jumping was the best I've seen in yonks - apart from stuffing the second last, when Andy Thornton might've managed to seat deep enough to survive it! Jeez, what a wonderful feeling to be on a zinging, happy horse like that - even when he'd dropped the jock, he continued to contest up the hill! Loves the job, obviously, and he looked as if he really was jumping for the pure pleasure of being able to do it.

Hurrah for Alberta's Run !!! He is top notch on good ground and fights hard- his squiggle is an insult !

Back