Aintree - friday

If Vulcanite settles I think he could shake up Darlan. Pulled way too hard in the supreme but was still bang there travelling well two out before emptying after the last. If he settles the course should suit and e/w I think he has a good chance.

Agree Aragorn. Best form around sharp tracks. Can't see him troubling Darlan, but can see him following him home.

Agree Aragorn. Best form around sharp tracks. Can't see him troubling Darlan, but can see him following him home.

I have to take Darlan on given the form of Henderson's at the moment and Vulcanite does look the best option. Doubled him with Wishfull Thinking.

Always Waining form over the big fences is unreal 5 completes from 6 and won todays race last two years and 4th three years ago.

12/1 with bet365 e/w 5 places will do for me.

11-y-o now is the only negative.

I'd be interested were it not for the stable being so badly out of form

I don't see it with Vulcanite. He has a mile to find on all his starts (his close second to Tetlami doesn't look so good now).

Darlan looks a lock in the first to me.

His horses have been running fine - he's just not been running his best ones, and RT had a very hard race at Cheltenham.

Ha ha. I had just told a mate not to back Shakalaka...as his stable were doing poorly.

At least he alreaday knows I am an idiot.

Vulcanite wasn't good enough, but wasn't given the sharpest of rides.

Darlan is a good horse.

Vulcanite ruined any chance with a series of shoddy jumps. Winner impressive; Captain Conan will make a nice chaser next year.

I wouldn't be mad about Nicholls two here-Join Together looked incredibly slow last time and I have an idea that SC is better early in the season.

You need to put the stats into context - he is hardly going to be sending out his best horses between Cheltenham and Aintree, is he?

Nowhere. CC not the same horse that he was at Cheltenham and I would be dead against the winner in any sort of big race. Flat track bully.

the stats back up the theory his horses go off the boil after Cheltenham, and do not maintain there form. This will effect his lesser horses aswell as his best.

Back