All Time Classic Albums

No it's not :P
Try listening to Nick Cave !
:Listen to Red Right Hand and The Mercy Seat and you might change your mind about what is miserable . You might just change you're opinion too .

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Blue- Joni Mitchell

Radiohead - OK Computer

The Pogues- Rum Sodomy and the Lash

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks

Bob Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited

No it IS MISERABLE!!!

I am never in such a jolly old mood that I need something that miserable to bring me down to earth, nor do I need to hear something miserable when I'm feeling a bit down. I do own OK computer but hardly ever listen to it. It's too miserable.

Automatic for the People is about as miserable as I can stomach on a regular basis. I suppose that The Clash and Oasis are defiant, and I like 'defiance' in my music.

Talking of which I found last week that my copy of Definitely Maybe has gone missing :angry:

The Bends is probably more consistent but never reachs the heights of Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Let Down of OK Computer, IMHO. Both fantastic albums and both should be in everybody's collection.

Picking the greatest hits as a classic album reminds me of Alan Partridge when asked "What did he think was the best beatles album" He replied, "The Best of the Beatles". If compilations are allowed, I think Forty Licks deserves a mention.

I'd have to agree with you there.....that's just too easy!! Besides, Counting Crows would be top with Films About Ghosts..... :D

Radiohead - Ok Computer
Stereophonics - Performance And Cocktails
Oasis - Whats The Story Morning Glory
Muse - Origin Of Symmetry
Placebo - Without You Im Nothing
Blink 182 - Enema Of The State
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness.
Coldplay - Parachutes
Nirvana - Nevermind
Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Feeder - Yesterday Went Too Soon
Weezer - Weezer
Green Day - Dookie

Then in my view ones that should be
Easyworld - This Is Where I Stand
The Cooper Temple Clause - See This Through And Leave
The Killers - Hot Fuss.

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness.

Glad to see someone else bring that one up. The longest rock album out there I believe (2 hours - 28 tracks) and a great album.

So Long Marianne (Leonard Cohen) - and that's official. It has "Classic Album" printed on the front cover of the CD.

I reckon A Rush Of Blood To The Head is far better than Parachutes. I'd agree about Jagged Little Pill & Performance & Cocktails though! Another superb album is August and Everything After - Counting Crows.

Yes, I'm bored today. But this whole thread:
fergi.gif

The Stones Roses - best album of all time by miles!!!!!!
Suede should also get a mention......

U2 - if they were playing in the back garden I'd close the curtains!!:ninja:

U2 played Croke Park two summers ago.

I live near Croke Park.

It was a very loud concert.

I had the heebie jeebies from a large night on the sauce the previous night, so I was lying in bed, sweating.

I hated every single second of it.

Wings - Band on the Run
The Beatles - Rubber Soul, Revolver, Abbey Road
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, Back in Black
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (even better than Rumours)
Derek & the Dominoes - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs
Free - Tons of Sobs
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals
The Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation
The Who - Who's Next?
Cream - Disraeli Gears

Levellers; Levelling the Land..20th anniversary tour this year, and I haven't bought a ticket yet....can't believe it's 20 years. Whatever sort of music I'm listening to I always go back to this one.

All and any of CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL, of which I have: Willy & the Poor Boys; Green River; Pendulum.

BAD COMPANY: Desolation Angels and Run With the Pack.

PINK FLOYD: Dark Side of the Moon. Not that nuts on Atom Heart Mother.

Back