Annie Power

Maxbet

Journeyman
I don’t think Annie Power will go to Cheltenham. Listening to the owner on the Sunday Forum, he says if Quevega stays injury free they don’t intend to spoil her party.

He personally wanted her to go chasing this season, describing her as big and powerful with plenty of scope, so the world hurdle has to be a worry to what effect it would have on her.

The Champion hurdle is what everyone is telling him to go for but I think they know Ruby is integral to either her or Hurricane Fly’s chances and the latter’s participation has been set in concrete from the start,

He says they are not going to fall out over it, which to me would suggest he will go with Willie's decision and that surely has to be to avoid The Fly.

I think they will go straight to Liverpool for the race Zarkandar won last year, it has to be at her mercy especially when you think the Champion hurdle winner will surely have had a hard race. The break will put her in good stead for Punchestown too, then chasing next season....thoughts

they won't go for the mares unless q gets injured.

otherwise, who knows. i suspect ricci will take mullins lead and see what he wants to do, as he is the champion trainer and will probably have the best idea of how to proceed with her. an opinion of which i was lambasted for in twitterland, not least by the editor of the RP.

Pretty well my reading of it too.

" I know and trust Willie and Ruby will do the right thing and she will be placed where she has the best chance of winning. "

It was widely reported that Annie Power was only kept over hurdles this season to run in the Champion Hurdle rather than go chasing this year.

Richie Rich will be forever called a puppet by me if he follows Willies lead.

It was widely reported that Annie Power was only kept over hurdles this season to run in the Champion Hurdle rather than go chasing this year.

To see if she was good enough and whether The Fly hadn't regressed. If the Fly was to fall short she still has several very talented dare I say above average contenders to deal with, nothing set in stone. Bet they are now thinking, we don't know what to think....

Last edited:
Hurricane Fly has regressed by 4lb I reckon on his most recent form and she is good enough to run in the CH on her beating of Zarkandar. Remember The Hurricane was only 6l in front of Zarkandar in the CH. This is a clear formline .

Hurricane Fly has regressed by 4lb I reckon on his most recent form and she is good enough to run in the CH on her beating of Zarkandar. Remember The Hurricane was only 6l in front of Zarkandar in the CH. This is a clear formline .

Only one thing wrong there, the Fly's most recent form wasn't against Zarkandar...

There's nothing wrong with my interpretation of the collateral form lines Hurricane Fly > Zarkandar 6L . Annie Power > Zarkandar 8L.

If that's how you read form. then you're in trouble, bub.

Richie Rich reported saying that Annie Power defeat of Zarkandar was excellent form. He would only say that if it was confirmed with the 'brains' behind the organization. Those who analyse and compute for the team.

Different distances and different courses. One run on a stiff course at a muddling two horse pace and on bottomless ground, the other at championship pace on better ground over a speedier track. Not the ideal of matches to use collaterally Baracouda...

Last edited:
Ricci this morning suggesting he is 'aware of the history going on' and 'sensitive to the yard'.

Annie Power is stuck-on to run in the Stayers.

Last edited:
Was interesting listening to it all. I though took a slightly different view Maxbet. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
I think they will leave it until as late as possible, with ground conditions swaying the decision as to which race she goes for. Not going to **** on the Queens parade in the mares. I think she may run in the World Hurdle if there is good in the going description. Though i can understand the view of missing the stayers race as to looking to the future over fences.
If soft or worse then I think she will run in the champion.

Though obviously maxbet could have hit the nail on the head with how he has summed it up.

I don’t think Annie Power will go to Cheltenham. Listening to the owner on the Sunday Forum, he says if Quevega stays injury free they don’t intend to spoil her party.

He personally wanted her to go chasing this season, describing her as big and powerful with plenty of scope, so the world hurdle has to be a worry to what effect it would have on her.

The Champion hurdle is what everyone is telling him to go for but I think they know Ruby is integral to either her or Hurricane Fly’s chances and the latter’s participation has been set in concrete from the start,

He says they are not going to fall out over it, which to me would suggest he will go with Willie's decision and that surely has to be to avoid The Fly.

I think they will go straight to Liverpool for the race Zarkandar won last year, it has to be at her mercy especially when you think the Champion hurdle winner will surely have had a hard race. The break will put her in good stead for Punchestown too, then chasing next season....thoughts
Unless its a real grueller of a race surely the stayers wouldn't take that much out of her.
Didn't My way de solzen follow a WH with an arkle.

It will be either the World Hurdle or kept for Aintree. During the week, Mullins called Hurricane Fly his Cheltenham banker, and Ruby will be all for keeping HF and AP apart.

I suspect Maxbet may well be right and Ruby's comment about bottoming her in a stayers with Big Buck's and At Fisher's Cross might well have been the first warning that if she is not going to run in the CH or the Mares that she will be waiting for Aintree.

World hurdle would be the wrong race for her. She might hack up but it's more likely she ends up in a war and I'm not sure they'll risk bottoming her; Ricci doesn't sound like he's keen. IMHO he wants to go for the champion but the Fly's continued dominance means Ruby's unlikely to get off him and Ricci isn't talking like a bloke who wants to rock the boat. He's unlikely to spoil Quevega's party either.

The Aintree hurdle gives Mullins a diplomatic alternative.

Having said all that I really hope I'm wrong and she turns up in the champion. It really would be the icing on an already sumptuous cake.

Back