Another Foot And Mouth Outbreak

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

I am not entirely sure where the exclusion zone is, but I live in Ascot, I was shopping in Windsor today and I took Barney swimming in Virginia Water lake this morning. I had to drive back though Windsor Great Park and saw no signs of any restrictions although I bet that has all changed when I go out tomorrow.

I have a feeling I will not be walking Barney around Virginia Waters tomorrow morning.

I feel desperately sorry for all the local farmers and the outcome for much of their livestock livestock having only told last week that they have the all clear and now this. :(

The government might have a few questions to answer about this.

From the Beeb website....

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said the government had acted swiftly, and the outbreak was under control.

Translated: The Government lab had managed to ferk up and let the blasted disease out again and at the moment it is only affecting Tory populated areas ?

Absolute joke stuff. Imagine it was SARS or smallpox that had escaped from a Gov Lab (not to be confused with Lab Gov) and see the public reaction then.

It's good to hear the authorities have acted quickly and found the outbreak started on your doorstep Kathy. Can't imagine the neighbours will be too pleased though!

I remember kissing my first girlfriend on the doorstep. She dumped me straight afterwards and asked why I couldn't kiss her on the lips like everyone else. I can only assume you've been doing the same and that explains the foot and mouth on yours. :what:

Look out for clarification on the spread of foot and mouth in tomorrow's papers.

Kathy's confession that it began on her doorstep will turn out to be false. It seems it was the McCann's fault all along. While they were having dinner somebody dusted some of the virus on to Cuddlecat.

Come to think of it, might Kathy and her Barney have anything to do with this recent news in the Racing Post?

Ascot Heath to be shut at night following yobbish behaviour

Yes Grey, Ascot Heath is due to be closed during the night, but I can promise you it's got absolutely nothing to do with me (or Barney). All our normal places to walk have been closed so it's down to the local football pitch for a quick game of footie. No one dribbles a football quite like Barney much to the amusement of the local Sunday football team! :)

All we need to worry about now, is the latest disease called Blue Tongue found in a cow in Suffolk and another outbreak (Friday) of F & M in Egham :suspect:

This F & M doesn't seem to be going away and I feel that it is spreading and is being hushed up to prevent the previous disaster re occuring.

Back