Ante-Post - Flat 2017

Talk about Al Wukair going for the PDJC. ******* idiots, he's by Dream Ahead.

I've taken 6/1 about Big Orange in the Yorkshire Cup. Trip and course perfect for him and his main opposition carry penalties. The two market leaders Muntahaa and Dartmouth I'm not convinced about tripwise with the latter and formwise with the former. I'll be loading up the selection when he's declared with a view to a partial IR lay given his running style.

That Rivet would be some tool over 7f. I'd love to back him in the Jersey Stakes at Royal Ascot.

I've just punted Dream Castle for that. Haggas hinting he might re-match the winner in the Jockey Club.

And with Al Shaqab buying into Brametot surely they don't need him and Al Wukair in the Jockey Club.

Last edited:
I've just punted Dream Castle for that. Haggas hinting he might re-match the winner in the Jockey Club.

And with Al Shaqab buying into Brametot surely they don't need him and Al Wukair in the Jockey Club.

Fair play for being on top of all this stuff. Do you think Rivet gets a mile?

Oh yeah, he got it as a 2yo. 10f should be his trip. The front three pulled well clear today and I think he would have been closer ridden with more restraint, the other two came from the back.

Last edited:
Agree with Euro, hasn't the pace of a true miler, which is why he was ridden as he was yesterday, and why he lost the Craven (and why Eminent was overrated). Be some horse over 10f though, imho.

Taken some 8/1 Marsha for the Temple Stakes
To a massive extent your relying on a dry week leading up to next weekend as the 3 in front of the filly in the betting are
Profitable, Quiet Reflection who we know loves the cut in the ground and Acapulco who won't run.
The Temple is the logical step on from the Palace House on the road to the Kings Stand so she should be a likely runner also.

Good luck, Fonz.

Goldream ran well first time out and is a danger to all.

A horse that could run in Ireland on Saturday, and seems to be rated lower than what its probably worth is Czabo. She came right back to form last time, when beating the Aidan O Brien filly, Somehow. Czabo is owned by the Magniers/David Wachman, trained by Mick Channon, which is an interesting trainer/owner combination. She hasn't been raised for beating Somehow, who is rated 15lb superior to her. I reckon Czabo is an eyecatching entry in The Royal Hunt Cup. She'll need it soft, which she's unlikely to get in mid-June, but you never know. Its happened a few times before. 40/1 with Ladbrokes, worth considering.

Last edited:
I'll be at Haydock tomorrow and have backed Waady for that race. His optimum conditions are 5f on fast ground which he should get. Didn't run that well fto but that was over 6 and he was too free. Was third in this last year and double figures is overs.

Good luck, Fonz.
Goldream ran well first time out and is a danger to all.
Goldream went close.

I flagged up Priceless early last season when she ran second in a big handicap at 33's, before she stepped up in class.

I'm not sure who I'd have in a rematch between Goldream and Priceless at Ascot?

Yeah I'm seeing it that way too. But I like Priceless. I'd hate to see her win again when I'm not on!

Last edited:
I doubt the principals today will be near the front end at Ascot. Harry Angel will though and 9/2 is too big for the CC for all that Caravaggio looks a monster. Price diff is wrong.

Betting market told its own story about Our Channel, friendless in the betting. He'll be interesting when he hits a bit of form over a mile on turf, probably not the Lincoln, but I reckon he'll come good at some point, (over a mile).

Switched to Irish trainer Amanda Mooney from Jamie Osborne's; runs over a mile at the Curragh in the 5:30 Sunday, with first time hood on.

The right bet might be to trade lay/off some of the bet in running, because his prominent racing style could see him go a lot lower than the current 33/1 offered.. No real surprise to me if he out runs his odds. :)

Last edited:
Switched to Irish trainer Amanda Mooney from Jamie Osborne's; runs over a mile at the Curragh in the 5:30 Sunday, with first time hood on.

The right bet might be to trade lay/off some of the bet in running, because his prominent racing style could see him go a lot lower than the current 33/1 offered.. No real surprise to me if he out runs his odds. :)

Corals and Ladbrokes 1/5th the odds the first four on a 21 runner handicap, shocking, (should be illegal!).

Last edited:
It's become quite common for layers to go a 5th and offer more places. Sky have started going 1/5 for 6 places on some big handicaps.

Yeah its first 5 with Ladbrokes and Corals 1/5th odds. I might get 100/1 Our Channel e/w yet. I'm probably taking much too big a chance as it might need the run having only been with new trainer for a week. But you have to be prepared to speculate to accumulate on these types of outsiders.

Last edited:
Yep says it at the bottom of the odds table on oddschecker, Slim.

Badly worded my post. You said 1/5 4 places. As others have said 1/5 5 is now standard because the books are being far tighter on place overrounds.

It'll be a sad day if B365 ever start going a 1/5 odds on Saturday h'caps, There'll be no going back for us all then.

Valentana e/w is my cover bet. Having two running for me seems sensible.

It'll be a sad day if B365 ever start going a 1/5 odds on Saturday h'caps, There'll be no going back for us all then.

Try getting a multiple on with them e/w on those races. It's so much harder than it used to be.

Last edited:
Back