Arc 2010

I thought Dar Re Mi was a fair (although I'd never back her this far in advance) price at 16s myself; she'll definitely be aimed at the race.

Cutlass Bay looks a decent price on what he's done ie. beaten the 3yo Cavalryman and made a winning return to action at the weekend. Only problem is that they might switch him to Bin Suroor later in the year when none of their older horses look much good.

Daryakana at 25's looks good too - only concern would be the ground though she won on Arc weekend this year and i sclearly an improving filly (due to return at the end of next month in a Group 3).

Don't know how anything can be considered value for the Arc before we have seen the Derby particularly a couple of mares (however classy).

Betting for the Irish Champion as well, don't all rush now...

Ladbrokes: 4 Rip Van Winkle, 5 St Nicholas Abbey, 7 Fame And Glory, 9 Steinbeck, 10 Twice Over, 10 Cape Blanco, Spanish Moon, 12 Cavalryman, Mawatheeq, Passion For Gold, 14 Elusive Pimpernel, Jan Vermeer, Joshua Tree, Zacinto, 16 bar.

Interesting to see if anyone puts up the July Cup - Showcasing due to run their, the Aussie and US sprinters too and the ex-Australia pair of Starspangledbanner (Coolmore - going to the Duke of York) and Denman (Godolphin).

Not sure they go up this early Gal - think it's normally early May that Coral go up.

Most firms seem to operate on the basis that if a horse is beaten at shortish odds in the Guineas then it must be a sprinter.

Youmzain didn't pick up at all in Dubai and i'd like to see him run over Cup distances this year.

I was really impressed with Sariska in the Champion Stakes. She's a filly with scope to train on well as a 4yo and I like the fact that an Oaks winner was showing such good form in mid October. I'd want bigger than 25s before getting involved though.

I doubt Cashmans will be doing anything like that anymore. There shops that are left take external prices. They already dropped their leading first year sire. I think Coral do the King George and Royal Ascot races like the King Stand and Queen Anne in their intial release.

I'm not sure which Irish Champion runner has the most laughable price but I'll go with Cavalryman at 12/1 I think.

I know it's very early to be getting involved but even at this stage it is madness surely that the likes of Cutlass Bay and Sariska are trading at shorter odds for the race than Fame & Glory so i've taken some of the 17 available on Betfair.

His best form is good enough to win most renewals and without the stress of chasing Sea the Stars I would hope AOB will have him in prime condition for the race this year.

I thought Dar Re Mi was a fair (although I'd never back her this far in advance) price at 16s myself; she'll definitely be aimed at the race.

Is pushing Da Re Mi out to 33/1 off the back of yesterdays run not a massive over reaction?

I despise Antepost betting but I've had to get involved at that price.

Ladbrokes go...

Harbinger 7/4
F&G 5/1
Behkabad 8/1
Workforce 10/1
Sarafina 12/1
Planteur 12/1
Byword 12/1
Sariska 16/1
Snow Fairy 16/1
20/1 bar

Harbinger is an embarrassing price, anyone backing him at that price is mentally ill. He's won one group one at a track he likes, albeit very very impressively.

I think Workforce has been pushed out too far off the back of one run too, I wouldn't back him at 12s but even so, it's an over reaction given there's still time for something to come to light for his performance today.

The list of impressive King George winners who bombed out in the Arc is as long as your arm. I'm still with Fame and Planteur and have topped up today.

Fame And Glory is on target to kick start the second half of his campaign at the Curragh next month.
The highly-talented four-year-old earned a well-deserved break after notching up Group One wins in the Tattersalls Gold Cup and the Coronation Cup.
He is set to resume action in the Group Two Keeneland Royal Whip Stakes at the Curragh on August 8 before seeking further success at the highest level in the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown on September 4.
"The plan is that he starts back in the Royal Whip at the Curragh. We let him down and gave him a good break," said O'Brien.
"He's up to having a prep run, hopefully for the Irish Champion Stakes."
A decision on where St Nicholas Abbey returns to the track is expected in the next few weeks.
O'Brien reports last season's champion two-year-old to be well on the way to having his first race since finishing sixth in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket in May.
"St Nicholas Abbey is back cantering five days now and everything looks great with him," the Ballydoyle handler went on.
"He's doing very well and has had a good break. We won't run him until we see what happens in the next two to three weeks and then we will decide where he is going to start again."

I'm on Behkabad and Planteur (smaller) at present and I wouldn't swap them for any of the others at the moment.

Anyone going to the arc this year? Best racing and racing weekend of the year for me ..

Back