Arkle

i can't stand that syndicate

Agree with that - for me they represent the ridiculous side of NH racing.

Horse ran a great race, and would have agreed with you Granger as well that I couldn't see him winning. Great ride by Geraghty.

Tatenen didn't seem to see any kind of stride, though I'd have to watch it again to see who was at fault, horse or jockey. Horse seemed a little keen to me.

Backed planet of Sound each way, and thought Johnson gave it a great ride. Outpaced early on, and did well to place.

Golden Silver ran well for a long way, just seemed to lack pace just over 2 out.

RUK were mentioned Tatenen's previous course form as a benefit as he had experience of the place. In hindsight (a wonderful thing), this race was completely different to anything he has experienced in the UK to date.

Follow The Plan was hemmed on the inside all the way round and ran into all sorts of trouble - and made life difficult for a few others as well - in addition to making a mistake at the second last. He came 7th or 8th but is probably a bit better than that, and certainly better than I thought.

Whose sport am I spoiling JFT?

I, as well as others, am saying I think there's a way to enjoy yourself. The way they choose to do it makes them appear a little annoying, in my eyes.

what a spoil sport, i loved the scenes of seeing so many people happy & enjoying themselves, when dreams come true. never understand why people heckle those when they are having a good day.

I don't mind them having fun, but there is a limit. Too much for my liking...either way they are not the most important feature of the horse or the race so not that worried.

Kalahari King was rather unlucky I thought - when Calgary Bay made that mistake two out he was hampered and always playing catch up - on unsuitable ground too .

Love the winner's attitude though

As for Calgary Bay:mad: - headgear required ? He travellled , hit a fence and then could not be arsed . He was first back on the horsewalk , ears pricked and tried to canter down it - didn't look like he had had a race

This Forpadydeplasterer is a bit like Klairon Davis.

Was a shock to see Tatenen hit the deck. Actually, didnt see it, was out on the track, but certainly wasn't worrying about if he would get round....

nice race,
the winner interesting for the Ryan Air next season.

Ruby another fall and Kempes also jumping badly for him.

I thought Planet of Sound ran a nice race for a horse that appears to need further now.

Didn't jump well early, and they always looked as if they were going a yard to fast for him, but he got into the race with a chance two out.

Any chance that he will develop into a Gold Cup horse?

Hen told us he need 3 miles in the Post yesterday and there wasn't a race for him at Cheltenham.

Can someone buy her the Racing Post today please?

Forpady's trainer says he could possibly run in the Kerrygold Champion Chase.

As ever, I'm looking forward to this meeting. Just a shame I can't make it there this year.

Back