Arkles Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
Pretty sure it's Dormant who won the Hennessy in 1966 beating Arkle and who I think finished in front of Mill House in a King George a couple of years earlier.

What do Grand National winners West Tip, Hedgehunter and Mon Mome have in common?
A TH member described a "Dream NH horse" as one who;won a bumper;won a Cheltenham festival novice hurdle;be a major fancy i.e. in the top two favourites for Champion hurdle, Gold Cup,and Grand National in his career. To my knowledge there was only one "Dream NH horse". Name him/her ?

I know they considered the GN for FP, didn't realise you meant actually run in these races thought it may have been favourite whilst it held an entry.

Florida Pearl died earlier this year incidentally.

Last edited:
Diamond Geezer has the name of the right horse but not quite the correct races with the trainers names required also !

Dormant trained by John Wells-Kendrew beat Arkle in the 1966 King George can't remember the Mill House race but know he beat him

What do Grand National winners West Tip, Hedgehunter and Mon Mome have in common?
A TH member described a "Dream NH horse" as one who;won a bumper;won a Cheltenham festival novice hurdle;be a major fancy i.e. in the top two favourites for Champion hurdle, Gold Cup,and Grand National in his career. To my knowledge there was only one "Dream NH horse". Name him/her ?

Commanche Court?

apologies if answered already but hedgehunter, mon mome and west tip fell the year before winning the Grand National.

OK Diamond Geezer I will give you the point for Dormant as I have already answered the part about where he beat Mill House in my Arkle Appreciation thread...it was the 1964 Whitbread Gold Cup Chase and he was trained by my favourite northern trainer,Capt. Neville Crump.

Current standings.....

DIAMOND GEEZER 4
RORYDELARGY 2
BAR THE BULL 1
HAPPY JACK 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Good questions from edgt too and well done Flagship and HawkWing !

11.What connects trainers Fulke Walwyn and Neville Crump where the 1967 Grand National is concerned ?

Last edited:
Thanks edgt...indeed, Foinavon was in a box next to Arkle at one stage and actually ran in the 1966 King George race too !

I wonder if anyone will answer my question correctly ?

Back